What is the total and I mean the total fuel capacity of a bone dry GSA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voltaire

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Now before ye all go and point me to previous discussions on this topic, just hear me out:
I got involved in an argument regarding more fuel being pumped into my tank than what I believe my bike can actually take so I need to have factual facts as opposed to “he said, she said, my uncle had same , jou ma se dinges se terms and conditions etc.etc”
Question:
A bone dry 120GSA with standard tank (dry as in not even anything: not in the tank, not in the fuel pump not in any fuel lines) that is filled to right up to the limit (i.e.: right in the neck) and airlocks taken care of – how many lts max can be put in at coast level?
Reason:
I have had my bike for 5 years and meticulously keep track of trip mileage done per tank as well as qty of fuel put in and over these years and I have had only one occasion where I put in 34lts on a mileage of 606.5km
This morning my trip counter stood at 543km and the fuel consumption reading (which I know is quite accurate) was at 5,7lts/100 so in my books that equates to around 30/31lts
The petrol pump was reset at zero prior to filling up and has a calibration certificate that is still current (I asked for it and got it)
I filled up 37,6 lts Ulp at that service station this morning.
That’s 4 lts more than the absolute maximum I have ever had it filled up with and that on only a mileage of 543km????
I was fobbed off by the owner so I want to take it further as I believe the owner owes me 3 beers worth of moolah.
If I’m right I would hate to know how many ltrs each month is charged to unsuspecting customers
I eagerly await some accurate facts please.

Voltaire