Mountains,Desert,Corrugations,Sand, Drought&Heat and a Good time...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XRRX

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
So the 3 of us did our first "lekker" ride for 2015...  :biggrin:
I will try and share it with you with few words and many pics - and as my IT knowledge is about as old as the technology in my bike - it will be a bit "funny" in layout, but as the XR it should work just fine ...  ::) I thus start off with the route map - from George anti-clockwise...  :deal:

We left a chaotic traffic-jammed powerless George Friday afternoon just after 15:00, heading for Prins Albert on the least travelled roads possible... It took us over the ever-beautifull Montagu Pass through Paardepoort to Oudtshoorn. From here the Schoemanspoort Cango Caves tar (luckily with a 1000 turns to keep things interesting), and over the famous old Swartberg Pass to Prins Albert. Because of the heat I decided to tie my backpack onto the bike, but the darn "straps" broke before Oudtshoorn, breaking my right rear flicker and melting my backpack on the exhaust in the process...  :xxbah: So after "fixing" the flicker with insulation tape and a piece of stick, the backpack were transferred to my back for the rest of the "hot" weekend....  :(

As usual we slept in the "Bushman Palace" at Bushman Valley just outside of Prins Albert and just after you turn left on the tar - coming from the Pass. After unloading we went to town to enjoy a wonderfull evening of interesting people; good food and ice cold drinks at the Prickley Pear...  :snorting: And what a night it turned out to be -  :peepwall: :eek: ... but we really got rid of all the sh#t in the country....  :ricky: We briefly went to Bushpub later the evening, but after one drink we returned to the P.Pear....  O0
Strangely enough we did not hear any baboons Friday night at Bushman Valley - guess they were too terrified of the 3 lions in the Palace ...  :patch:

Attachments

• George.jpg
    George.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 762
  • Kaart.JPG
    Kaart.JPG
    352.8 KB · Views: 771