A heart warming story ...I hope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coxwain

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
I was'nt going to do this ....ahwww but WTF ...here goes ....Its a long story.

It begins many years ago, I had a good friend...lets just call him Mike.
Mike and me where best friends ...both mad keen on bikes and we did everything together. He had an XT 500 and he even dated my sister.
As we grew older we grew closer and we thought we were invincible ..life was good , and we did many great things together...hiking , sailing , partying , and at one stage we even shared a cottage together. We were good mates.
Then we made the fatal mistake of getting into business together ....disaster ....the friendship fell apart and we didn't communicate for years.
As life would have it , I survived and did alright ...Mike on the other hand got dealt a bum hand and ended up battling his whole life .
Years went by and because of stupid pride and being the stubborn pricks that we are, we didn't talk to each other and bore a grudge , each blaming the other for the failure of a business that should have done well.
About two years ago , we had a chance meeting in a pub in Joburg ...very strained ..but we were civil to each other and managed to talk some of the issues out.
and some of the friendship spark was rekindled.
We have talked a couple of times over the last two years , until this week when I thought Fark it ....this was my best mate...we are both getting old , my health is slowly going down the tubes ...Its time to make amends .

So I phoned him and cut the bullshit. "Im not taking any more of your shit" I said ...."I'm flying you to Cape Town and we are doing the trip of a life time , Your bike is waiting (Honda Dominator) and I don't want any more of your crap "
So my best pal "Mike" is coming down next month and the two old boys are going on a wild trip together. Its been a long time coming.

I'm going to try and document what real friendship is all about and how the power of a motorcycle and the open road can heal a long lost friendship.

So pull up your popcorn and ride along with us on this journey of friendship.....I hope it will warm your hearts.

More to follow as the trip progresses ....stay tuned  :biggrin: