Welcome to Melkbos, Jens and Walter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtRebell

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
So, pulling into Melkbos earlier today, I saw a white 660XT standing along side the main road with a flatty and a young guy next to it.
Stopped to offer some assistance, he introduced himself as Walter from Germany, or more recently then from Windhoek.
They keep their bikes in Windhoek and travel from on their annual vacations.

Walter said they picked up trouble with a puncture, and that the Chinese replacement tube were no good either..
His dad, Jens, went on toward Paardeneiland to get another tube and a sprocket.

I left him my number and address, offering my garage and tools if need be. They rocket up a bit later, all fixed up again. That turned into a discussion, which turned into a braai and a sleep over.

I phoned Garfield for some moral support against ze Germans. He was too happy to oblige and rocked up half an hour later with his better half and a cooler bag for said support.
I think he was still a tad thirsty after too few beers in the Dunes yesterday. I suspect as much as it was how I felt.

Jens used to do his own bit of professional enduro riding back in the day, and rode with the likes of Alfie Cox.

10 minutes after they rocked up, Garfield returned home to fetch map so he could advise Jens and Walter better on the way forward for their next few days in our lovely WC.
Although the map and discussion was rather detailed and thorough, I could sense that Garfield was still not comfortable on the route he suggested to J&W, as he offered to ride with them for a day or so, just to make sure that they get to experience our very best.
Such a selfless young fellow, this Garfield.  :biggrin:

Herewith a few pics then.
It appears that, at the time of taking the pics, Walter was inside the house, being entertained by my eldest on the finer moves of some TV game.

Nice meeting you guys and safe travels.  :ricky: :thumleft:

Attachments

• 20150209_192511.jpg
    20150209_192511.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 597
  • 20150209_192522.jpg
    20150209_192522.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 599