Were ready for Change: Feedback please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nox

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Originally we buy a new model and cannot speak enough about the extra power, better handling, looks etc, but after about 2 weeks for some or 6 months for others, we seem to be finding some areas we would like to improve on.

By stating that, I have noted that some LC owners have started to fiddle a bit with their bikes and hopefully the two areas I would like to improve on, has been done by someone: (By no means do I have to change, but if I can get it even better, why not!)

1. Suspension - I am very happy with the suspension, but if I can get a cost effective way to improve on it, I would like to consider it.

The Touratech suspension's seem to be a bit out of my budget range, but has anyone installed progressive springs on their LC?

I know that Hyperpro makes these and they are not too expensive. Usually the progressive springs will be great, but with the feedback the bike obtains from the swingarm and telelever, I am not sure if the automatic damping settings will get confused with the progressive shocks?

Any feedback would be appreciated by someone who has progressive springs on their LC.

2. Rims - Has anyone used the new hubs and laced the old 1200 GS rings to the hubs? Does this work?

I believe the old rims to be stronger and therefore if possible would like to lace such outers onto my new hubs.

(I think the spoke lengths etc, may be different, but maybe someone had time to play around with this.)