Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Mail the Gauteng Premier  (Read 1070 times)

Offline bud500

Mail the Gauteng Premier
« on: February 12, 2015, 12:37:41 pm »
I received this via email today. Apologies if already posted somewhere.

The people have the power to stop e-tolls

Do you want to stop e-tolls? You can!

On 25 September 2013 President Jacob Zuma signed into law the dreaded Transport and Related Matters Bill, paving the way for the implementation of e-tolls on Gauteng’s highways.

E-tolls were imposed on Gauteng, despite widespread opposition, and led to millions of motorists simply refusing to buy e-tags or pay for e-tolls.

As a result, the ANC were punished at the 2014 national and provincial elections, losing 10% of their support.

This prompted newly elected Gauteng Premier David Makhura to establish a panel of experts to study the socio-economic impact of e-tolls on the province.

After months of consultations and deliberations the message is clear: The people of Gauteng are opposed to e-tolls, it is an unnecessary burden on the poor and working class, and they must be scrapped.

Yet, despite the overwhelming public opposition to e-tolls, the ANC continues to cling to its implementation, asking motorists to pay while it tries to find a way out.

And now, the people have the power to have their say on e-tolls:
If you have access to email, the DA asks that you send a short message to Pointers4premier@gauteng.gov.za and to cc dagpleg@gmail.com and demand that the premier announce a provincial referendum on e-tolls during his State of the Province Address on February 23.

Closing date for submissions is 16 February 2015, and we request that you not only send your letter to the Premier as soon as possible, but to distribute this email to as many friends and colleagues and to share it on social media.

Thank you very much for your time.

John Moodey
DA Gauteng Provincial Leader

May the bridges I burn light the way...

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
Re: Mail the Gauteng Premier
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 12:44:59 pm »
also got the email and sent the request for a referendum on, but am actually tired of fighting this fight the "democratic" way and doubt if a referendum will ever happen - I'm in the mood for breaking stuff now

Offline JohnB

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 12:58:57 pm »
I think we have been doing just fine by simply not registering/paying. At least this way they took note  :thumleft:
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Offline bud500

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 01:19:14 pm »
Yeah I agree, not paying is most important and after that, not registering.

But I feel as much resistance/discontent as possible aimed at them from as many directions as possible can also not be ignored.
May the bridges I burn light the way...

Offline JohnB

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 01:27:29 pm »
That is exactly what grates me the most... they ignore our input and steamroll us anyway. I honestly look at life as " glass always half full" but with this etoll system being forced upon us...

The bane of my existence  :angry5:

Now I just need to get my bike going and I have another vehicle to run through these gantries ... verniet  :biggrin:

Hulle ma!!
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Offline Wooly Bugger

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Buell Ulysses XB12
  • DILLIGAF?
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 04:54:33 pm »
I think you should all pay.

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 05:02:14 pm »