Anybody bottom out the rear suspension yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2wdrift

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
I was riding out from the farm to drop off welding rods at a friends place. There are three deep hollows in the road about a good 0.4m deep and 6m across. The space in between them is about 10-15m. I was riding fast thinking about other stuff and had completely forgotten about them, I looked up and realised exactly too late what I had done... I knew I wouldnt make it by braking so tried to land flat past the second one and then just wheelie through the third one. Needless to say it didnt really work, I got the front wheel to land just past the second hole but the rear landed on the exit of the second hole bottoming out hard. The rear bucked up a bit but I got it back down and and floored it through the third hole with the front floating over it and the rear just bouncing a bit. The rear underseat mudguard got farked by the tyre but at least I didnt go down. Lower back is a bit sore though.

Suspension at both ends set to normal with preload set to full. Should probably set to hard and only change to comfort when doing long distance.

Now to find out how much the mudguard is from KTM...