Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: False neutrals on LC  (Read 1555 times)

Offline TheBear

Re: False neutrals on LC
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2015, 11:51:39 am »
Old thread but as a matter of intrest there is a program udate that takes care of this problem...ask your dealer...
A software update to overcome a mechanical gear shift issue? Or is the software update related to the GSAP? And if so, that would probably not help for non-GSAP related false neutrals I guess?

It seems what this bit of magic does for you is, the moment you touch the clutch, the ECU retards the timing, enabling a smoother shift.  My bike will receive this today, so I will report back tomorrow.

Hope you enjoyed the RIDE!   :thumleft:
Great seeing you again at Bavarian this morning. I look forward to hearing how this update improves/changes the gearshifts.  :thumleft:

Ja.  Was a nice chat.

Looking forward to feel if there is any difference.
.#BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2015, 09:20:28 am »
Well, stone the crows!

It definitely feel as if gear changes (especially up) is smoother and less noisy.  Down is better as well and it seems the bike blips the throttle under certain conditions.  Not sure about that.  Will have to check more to be sure......
.#BRADICAL!

Offline OomD

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2015, 09:34:10 am »
 :thumleft: Nice! Will see if they can squeeze mine in for an upgrade before the Trophy...

Offline TheBear

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2015, 05:18:21 pm »
Gear changes are definitely smoother,  especially up changes,  but also down.   I can now actually not have a daily gripe about the gearbox anymore.
.#BRADICAL!