Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Roadtripping with The Tazz, Dimitri and Mr Giraffe!  (Read 19688 times)

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Mommy Fairy :)
Re: (Day 5 of 22) Roadtripping with The Tazz, Dimitri and Mr Giraffe!
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2015, 09:09:35 am »
Day 5 - Cederberg (continued...)

Exploring Eselbank waterfall and Wupperthal

Throttle is keen on heading out to Wupperthal. Me... not so keen, but hey, I might be able to replace my beloved plakkies with something decent at the leather shoe shop there.  ;D

We feel the sun coming down on us and opt for a cool relaxing swim at the Eselbank waterfall. Such a place of beauty. RT and I were a bit reluctant to leave and get back into hot riding gear, but Wupperthal was calling. The road was busier than usual, but we made goodish time.

where are the pic's of you girls in bikini's

and the one with both of you in that big gat

I will go look for them  ;)

Watch it!!! I will make you take out the rubbish bag!!!  :P
"Don't let your ice cream melt while you're counting somebody else's sprinkles."

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound
Re: (Day 6 of 22) Roadtripping with The Tazz, Dimitri and Mr Giraffe!
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2015, 10:00:35 am »
Day 6 - St. Helena Bay

We leave the Cederberg with a heavy heart. It is always so good for the soul to visit!

Take a left up to Kromrivier campsite and out via Algeria and hug the Clanwilliam dam all the way out, where we are met by a bustling Clanwilliam. Refuel and brunch and off we go towards Eland's Bay via Leipoldtville... where NOTHING happens all day long.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 10:00:56 am by Firecoast »
"Don't let your ice cream melt while you're counting somebody else's sprinkles."

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2015, 10:11:05 am »
Day 6 - St. Helena Bay.... (continued...)

Just outside Eland's Bay we stop for a regroup as Throttle is looking for an alternative route... tar is making our bums sore. RT has this thing everytime she gets off the bike when we stop for a break... LET'S SEE HOW MESSY I CAN MAKE MYSELF.  :imaposer:

She manages to succeed most of the time, especially after doing sand angels when Throttle and I were debating if we should go down the railway's service road. I was keen, but not with a nice PRIVATE ROAD sign (read stay the fook out).

Now when I booked the accommodation at St. Helena Bay Hotel I really didn't know what to expect, as it was R 495.00 for the three of us. Dirt cheap for a coastal village on the West coast in the middle of December. There were also no pictures on their site, so we were went there blind. We stopped there and thought OH NO as it looked like a building site from the outside, but WOW! We were pleasantly surprised when we entered the lobby and were shown to our room... aircon, modern bathroom and a very spacious area for the three of us.

Went out for dinner at some non-descript place down the road and Throttle manages to have the worst fish and chips ever. You would think it would be fresh seeing as you are at the sea.

After a good night's rest and only having 180kms or so to get to my folks, we went for a stroll on the beach. I haven't seen so many starfish and pampoentjies since I was a kid! Was a good morning's fun.

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound
Day 7 to 12 - CAPE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN!!!!!!

First stop Saldanha

Throttle had been going on about a steaming pot of mussels since smelling the sea air, so we skipped breakfast and made sure our tummies were hungry by the time we got to Saldanha harbour, which wouldn't be that long to go, so we stopped off at West Coast Fossil Park for a bit of culture and education.

Our guide was brilliant. It was a very informative tour and highly recommended if you lot are in the area.

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2015, 10:34:25 am »
Off to Slipway in the harbour for some yummy food. We got there just in time, as they were closing the kitchen. Only fair, as it was Christmas Eve! G finally got his mussel pot and fresh fish.  :lol8:

I had never eaten there before, just a cup of coffee on a day ride jobbie... it is a must!!!!!

Stopped at the bokkom stand to buy my Dad some... only to find out he was joking and can't stand the stuff. Lucky for me it was transported on the SE HAHAHAHAHAHA
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 10:35:35 am by Firecoast »

Offline THROTTLE JOCKEY

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Number plate T JOCKEY EC
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2015, 10:34:33 am »
This makes me just want to do this all over again.
Ride it like you stole it!

OWN:KTM 950 SE***Suzuki DR650***Yamaha XT 600 Tenere***Yamaha XT 200***Honda CRF450X***Honda TRX 300 Quad***CRF1000AT
LIBERATED:KTM 640 Adventure***Suzuki 200 Djebel
SOLD:HONDA CRF450R***Honda CR250R***Yamaha YZ250***Yamaha WR200***BMW F800GS***YAMAHA XT660 extreme***Yamaha XT660

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2015, 10:43:56 am »
This makes me just want to do this all over again.

Come, lets go!  :biggrin:

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound

Via Langebaan

Just for shits and giggles, I want to take Throttle and RT through the West Coast Park, as it is pretty and we don't have to deal with the R27 for a while.

Just before the gates, the SE starts spluttering and cuts out... what now??? The fuel pump is giving in, but after fiddling around a bit, she starts and we are off. Throttle has a spare, but he says stuff it, as we are close to where we need to be.

The last time I went up to the little house on the rock, it was gutted and a bit worse for wear. They have now put a door on it, glass in the windows and made it into nice little information centre.

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound

Base Camp - my folks

We reach our base camp for the next few days and a whole lot of the below is done!!!  ;)

Offline Oupa Foe-rie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • Oom Foe-rie was hacked by a Mod.
Is daai tone almal familie van mekaar ......................  >:D  :ricky:
Yamaha XT1200Z ........... Take your soul everywhere and back

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound

Oupa? OUPA?

Is Oom nie te jonk vir oupa wees nie?

Offline Oupa Foe-rie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • Oom Foe-rie was hacked by a Mod.

Oupa? OUPA?

Is Oom nie te jonk vir oupa wees nie?

Wys jou wat gedoen kan word ................  >:D :biggrin:
Yamaha XT1200Z ........... Take your soul everywhere and back

Offline Mev Vis Arend

Ek laaaaik die rr en fotos.  Dankie vir die deel.

Dis 'n pragtige meisiekind wat julle daar het. 
Honda XR250 - Given to daughter.  BMW 1200 GSA met Karretjie  -  Suzuki 125 Scoota with a KTM topbox - sold.  Honda CRF 250 L

Offline THROTTLE JOCKEY

• Race Dog

Thank you

She is amazing

What really blows my mind and what I learn from her all the time is that she takes pleasure all the little things I tend to overlook. Really strange but her dad is taking important life lessons from his young daughter. Love her to bits.   :3some:

OWN:KTM 950 SE***Suzuki DR650***Yamaha XT 600 Tenere***Yamaha XT 200***Honda CRF450X***Honda TRX 300 Quad***CRF1000AT
SOLD:HONDA CRF450R***Honda CR250R***Yamaha YZ250***Yamaha WR200***BMW F800GS***YAMAHA XT660 extreme***Yamaha XT660

Offline Mev Vis Arend

Thank you

She is amazing

What really blows my mind and what I learn from her all the time is that she takes pleasure all the little things I tend to overlook. Really strange but her dad is taking important life lessons from his young daughter. Love her to bits.   :3some:

Ek dink sy is 'n "aarde" kind wat 'n baie nou band met Moeder Natuur het.  Kyk hoe kyk sy na diere.  Die manier wat sy aan hulle vat vertel baie.  Dan praat ek natuurlik nie eers van haar stofbaddens nie  :biggrin:.  Julle mag maar trots wees.  Aarde-mense is dun gesaai.  Sy is my tipe kind.  :thumleft:
Honda XR250 - Given to daughter.  BMW 1200 GSA met Karretjie  -  Suzuki 125 Scoota with a KTM topbox - sold.  Honda CRF 250 L

Offline THROTTLE JOCKEY

• Race Dog

Thank you

She is amazing

Ek dink sy is 'n "aarde" kind wat 'n baie nou band met Moeder Natuur het.  Kyk hoe kyk sy na diere.  Die manier wat sy aan hulle vat vertel baie.  Dan praat ek natuurlik nie eers van haar stofbaddens nie  :biggrin:.  Julle mag maar trots wees.  Aarde-mense is dun gesaai.  Sy is my tipe kind.  :thumleft:

Although she is strict with animals, from the most viscous dog to the most difficult animal is putty in her hands. I have seen this with my own eyes when a viscous dog that hates children ran up to her and licked her face as she gave it a hug. The owner of the dog was first petrified for my daughter then shocked into disbelief. She is very strong emotionally and physically but with a heart bigger than I have ever seen. She is very special.

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound

Thank you

She is amazing

Although she is strict with animals, from the most viscous dog to the most difficult animal is putty in her hands. I have seen this with my own eyes when a viscous dog that hates children ran up to her and licked her face as she gave it a hug. The owner of the dog was first petrified for my daughter then shocked into disbelief. She is very strong emotionally and physically but with a heart bigger than I have ever seen. She is very special.

The muddy dog paw prints on the bed tells a different story.  :lol8: :lol8:

She is truly a gem. She has made my life so rich and I am so so blessed for having her allow me into her life.  :love4:

Offline Crab

Lekker M. This is so enjoyable.
Look for a shooting star and see Lynda's trail and remember all the great places you shared with her,she will never forget what she shared with you and will show you that in every starry night .

Offline Mev Vis Arend

Thank you

She is amazing

The muddy dog paw prints on the bed tells a different story.  :lol8: :lol8:

She is truly a gem. She has made my life so rich and I am so so blessed for having her allow me into her life:love4:

Nou sÍ my moederhart "aaah, dis te sweet". 

Sorg maar net dat sy donker beddegoed het.  Die modder en sand gaan haar nie pla nie.  Jy sien mos sy is 'n "aarde-kind"

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound

Christmas Eve and gift planning

Unpacked the orange beasts, hijacked my Dad's Merc and took a quick drive to Garfield to collect a STOP sign I organised with him months ago. The house was super busy to say the least and we just shouted a quick hello and then off we went again! Thanks for the VERY early wedding present K!  :thumleft:

When we started planning this trip I knew I would have to get my shit together regarding Christmas presents, as we were on the bikes and heading to Cape Town, so all presents had to be bought, wrapped and stashed / couriered before we left for holiday. In between that we had a burglary, things were chaotic at work and we were moving into the new house 3 days before we set off into the sunset on the bikes. PHEW!

I asked RT what she wanted to get her Dad for Christmas and she came up with the most amazing idea and one quite apt for our trip. She wanted T-shirts made for the trip. With a bit of tweaking we ended up with a pretty nifty design. Not sure how she will top her gift idea this year  :lol8:

Left shoulder - our names with little hearts
Right shoulder - animal / insect we like
Back - KTM logo
Left breast - Family trip 2014 / 2015