Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Roadtripping with The Tazz, Dimitri and Mr Giraffe!  (Read 19689 times)

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Mommy Fairy :)
Day 7 to 12 - CAPE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN!!!!!!

So technically, the next couple of days are not really a ride report, but for continuity's sake I am including it  ;)

We decided to lock the oranges in the garage and trade them for a car... would just be easier kit-wise and also a bit safer in the greater scheme of things.
"Don't let your ice cream melt while you're counting somebody else's sprinkles."

Offline TWE-TWE

• Local Mods
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • If you can dream it,you can do it.......
Firecoast,dis awesome om so "saam" met julle die trip te doen!! :thumleft:  Robyn is pragtig!
How we walk with the broken,speaks louder than how we sit with the great

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound

Christmas Day

The morning was spent opening Christmas presents, after which we ate ourselves dik on turkey and all sorts and were feeling somewhat lazy. Afternoon came and we decided to do something, but what? Nothing would be open... oh wait, Grand West would be... so off we go and the place is packed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We decide on ice-skating, but we have to wait until the next session so we while away the time at the arcade where all our effort gets RT a hammerhead shark plush toy and a bouncy orange thingamagig!

I had not skated in years, but I wasn't too bad at it... Zooted around the rink a few times relatively successfully until the skates started hurting my ankles and feet.

Throttle had only ever skated once and wasn't all that keen... will leave that story for him to tell  :lol8: He was very wonky, but he managed just fine in the end... often with the help of RT who came up behind him and held his hand (much to her own detriment HAHAHAHAHA). She has never skated before and she was a total superstar (well, not without a battle scar or two) and at the end of the session, she was doing little turns and all sorts.
"Don't let your ice cream melt while you're counting somebody else's sprinkles."

Offline Crab

Always drink 2 beers before going ice skating.
Look for a shooting star and see Lynda's trail and remember all the great places you shared with her,she will never forget what she shared with you and will show you that in every starry night .

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound

Kirstenbosch

We had heard from all and sundry that the new "Boomslang" canopy walk was just the bomb. It was nice ja, but I was a bit disappointed. Thought it would be a longer walk. Just as you step up onto it, it's almost time to get off it again.  :(

Anyway, good times were had, unsuccessful selfies were taken (kind of), a huge owl was spotted, RT had time to play with her newly acquired camera and we bought some succulents and plants. BONUS. The one we were quite intrigued with was the Pineapple flower plant. Very pretty and our garden now boasts a few of them (here's hoping they last with my lack of green fingers). 

Offline adamktm

Still want to read this one so I'm joining the party  :sip:
2018 KTM 250 6 Days TPI
2011 690 Enduro

When I bleed, I bleed orange!

Offline THROTTLE JOCKEY

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Number plate T JOCKEY EC
All I have to add is.....

Ice skating is like riding a bike at 160 km/h with both tyres flat on a bike with a misfire.

One moment you are acing it and the next you are on your face.

I finally sorted the misfire out and had fun riding with flat tyres.

Ride it like you stole it!

OWN:KTM 950 SE***Suzuki DR650***Yamaha XT 600 Tenere***Yamaha XT 200***Honda CRF450X***Honda TRX 300 Quad***CRF1000AT
LIBERATED:KTM 640 Adventure***Suzuki 200 Djebel
SOLD:HONDA CRF450R***Honda CR250R***Yamaha YZ250***Yamaha WR200***BMW F800GS***YAMAHA XT660 extreme***Yamaha XT660

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound

V & A Waterfront

The Waterfront saw us a couple of time, as (being out in the sticks) we were craving proper seafood.  :biggrin:

Made a stop at the aquarium. Always a goodie and then Throttle and I relived our youth by sitting in a pile of shiny pebbles at Scratch Patch. I think we had more fun than RT :)

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound

Table Mountain

As gorgeous as this mountain is, once you have seen it you have seen it!!!!! G and I had been up there and if it wasn't for RT we would totally have skipped it.

We had been there the day before, but the queue was RIDICULOUS, so we opted to go really really early the next day. The queue was still bad, but not as bad as the day before. Can't really expect anything less in high season. Dropped my two lovelies off to stand in the queue so long and went to look for parking. Long walk!!!

As we were heading up, the mountain was pulling a blanket of fine mist over itself, but we were nonplussed as we had come this far.  :biggrin:

We had about 30 minutes up on the mountain before the mist started rolling in quite heavily and it became super cold. Decided to head down before the queue got too long and we froze to death.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 09:51:17 am by Firecoast »

Offline HB 9

What a super memory builder for all of you   :deal:  :thumleft:  :thumleft:  :thumleft:
Tread lightly

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound
What a super memory builder for all of you   :deal:  :thumleft:  :thumleft:  :thumleft:

Agreed. Took months of planning and saving and man, did it pay off!  :)

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound

Charly's Bakery

RT was a huge fan of the TV show, so we thought why not!!! Huge queue that extended to half of the parking lot, but (being from Cape Town originally) I had sampled their Wicked Chocolate cake on more than one occasion and knew it was totally worth it!

We made three little piggies of ourselves. So much so that Throttle and I went back there for a sugar-loaded breakfast during the Cape Argus weekend  ;)

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound

Eastern Bazaar

A lot of you might think that we ate our way through our trip, which, in all fairness, isn't entirely untrue, but we had a list for each day with activities and RT was making sure we committed to the list and ensured that if we didn't do it that day, we did it the next! Little slave driver! tee hee

Eastern Bazaar was right up Throttle's alley. The food is super delicious, cheap as chips and there's so much to choose from.

Offline THROTTLE JOCKEY

• Race Dog
That bunny chow was amazing

OWN:KTM 950 SE***Suzuki DR650***Yamaha XT 600 Tenere***Yamaha XT 200***Honda CRF450X***Honda TRX 300 Quad***CRF1000AT
SOLD:HONDA CRF450R***Honda CR250R***Yamaha YZ250***Yamaha WR200***BMW F800GS***YAMAHA XT660 extreme***Yamaha XT660

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound

I'll pay if you go get us some take aways  :P

Offline THROTTLE JOCKEY

• Race Dog

I'll pay if you go get us some take aways  :P

Next time!

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound

Cool Runnings

This was definitely one of THE most fun days we had during our trip. Like father, like daughter... those two were such hooligans!!

Highly recommended. We went in the afternoon so the queues were a bit long, but we went back early the next morning and the rides went really quickly.

You are carted up the slope by a conveyor belt of sorts, sit in the shoot at the top for a little while and then off you go!!!!!! Such fun!!

Offline THROTTLE JOCKEY

• Race Dog
After a few rides I got over the urge to brake and man its fast and loads of fun. At one point on the slope there is a slight drop off and I started getting air time!

You have the noise of the wheels on stainless steal and then all of a sudden dead silence for a fraction of a second then noise on steal.

Needless to say both Robyn and I got some stern talking by the marshals in charge.

A total blast!!!!!

Online Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound
About time I finish this RR!  :lol8: