Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Exploration  (Read 1140 times)

shark_za

Exploration
« on: February 02, 2006, 04:00:48 pm »
Exporing doesnt always go well, I decided I had a few minutes to kill on the way from a customer before another meeting, and I had my GPS with me so I decided to go and track the area I used to ride quads on a lot.

They are doing serious development in the area, lots of earthworks and excavations for pipes, and as nobody is allowed to ride there anymore the track has grown over quite a bit.

But I can go anywhere on the KLR and have been to this area before so why worry.
Again I forgot that is has been raining for the last few weeks, and after making it through about 4 really muddy section practicing steering with my wide pegs, I get stuck.
I had ridden into this marsh that had about 2ft deep mud, super slip.

I worked at pulling the bike through, pulling to the side, lying if on its side and dragging it, and eventually got it to a harder section.
This must have taken about an hour, with maybe two rest stops cos I was getting tired and sore.

Cancelled my meeting, gave the bike a bit of a washoff at home, and see that something might be wrong with the rear bearings, will investigate further later on.

Offline wino

• Old Boys Club
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
Exploration
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 04:12:56 pm »
and where's a pic of you, full of sludge? :P

shark_za

Exploration
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 04:15:35 pm »
Can you see the pile of work clothes at the door!

Eish, didnt fall so it was only from my knees down.
And then I got stuck trying to get to the road again, but not so bad, had to haul the pig out of another ditch.
Easy to do once or twice, not after you have been doing it for the last hour.

Offline funacide

• Administrator
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
    • Mediro Business Service Management
Exploration
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 04:20:27 pm »
A Classic.......

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

Justice for all the time you spent watching me in the mud a couple of weeks ago.....

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
KTM 1190 ADV R

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
Exploration
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 06:00:36 pm »
Mud is great fun but certainly a bitch if you stuck alone in it. We normally try riding in groups so there is backup :lol: This was Roy and myself helping out Colin when he got stuck...

Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Offline LiveInTheOutdoors

• http://tigerr.smugmug.com
Exploration
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 06:20:20 pm »
Heres one of mine. Mate rode his AT through this, doesnt look like much eh?Like you could ride over it withouth thinking. Well it sucked his rear wheel to hell. Took a WHOLE bunch of us, plus engine power on the twin to get it out.

I mean, this shit was DEEP. One stupid tiny deep mud hole in the middle of NOWHERE.

Shark - you crack me up mate. I like your style, its something I would do.

SWEEETTTTTTTTTTTTttttt

very minute is a chance to turn it all around - Vanilla Sky

>Mav... started gym. Officially at 95kg....<