Exploration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

shark_za

Exporing doesnt always go well, I decided I had a few minutes to kill on the way from a customer before another meeting, and I had my GPS with me so I decided to go and track the area I used to ride quads on a lot.

They are doing serious development in the area, lots of earthworks and excavations for pipes, and as nobody is allowed to ride there anymore the track has grown over quite a bit.

But I can go anywhere on the KLR and have been to this area before so why worry.
Again I forgot that is has been raining for the last few weeks, and after making it through about 4 really muddy section practicing steering with my wide pegs, I get stuck.
I had ridden into this marsh that had about 2ft deep mud, super slip.

Deeper.jpg

I worked at pulling the bike through, pulling to the side, lying if on its side and dragging it, and eventually got it to a harder section.
This must have taken about an hour, with maybe two rest stops cos I was getting tired and sore.

Out_Rest.jpg

Cancelled my meeting, gave the bike a bit of a washoff at home, and see that something might be wrong with the rear bearings, will investigate further later on.

Home.jpg