Instrument Cluster malfunction - Help asb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowtwitch

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
My 2006 GS650 went for a 60 000km service few months back. A few weeks later my instrument cluster starts giving problems:

The speedometer and rev counter would get stuck at say 65kmph and 2300rpm and not respond further. switching off doesn't help. Petrol indicator lamp didn't work - left me stranded once.
Took the bike back, they "reset" the bike by disconnecting battery. It worked... for a few weeks. Then it was intermittent. I disconnected battery again and solved the prob, for a while. All the warning lights light up when switching on as normal.

Currently all works except my trip meter zero's after switching off. my odometer currently reads ----. But this can all change tomorrow and maybe the rev counter stops working and is stuck again for a few weeks.

One thing they did while servicing is re-solder the 2 wires for the hazard and ABS switches. They say they disconnected the battery, but I have my doubts. I'm not taking the bike back to them. It was evident they don't know the GS650 well enough.

Any advise