Abu Dhabi Desert race 2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KND

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi all
Its time to start racing again. My first rally of the year is Abu Dhabi desert challenge. Its is tough one due to the fact that it is HOT (temp average in the desert 40deg) and we race in dunes every day for five days doing an average of 400-500km. If I refer to dunes, I mean massive DUNES. Two year ago, I was fortunate to be in the same pits as the KTM factory team. After the race, I congratulated Marc Coma on the result and he told me then....It was tougher that the Dakar. This year my choice of bike is the new KTM 450 Rally which we have converted and upgraded at the KTM factory to a Rally 500. First time this has been done so lets hope for the best. I'm heavy (110kg with kit) and like the bottom end power of 500 plus cc bikes. The new 450 rally, yu need to ride it like an MX bike, which does not suite my riding style. I have managed to conclude a new sponsor for this year and racing together with my old support group which include KTM Cape Town, KLIM, 32Gi, Ariette goggles and EVS. Have a look at my new kit and like to hear if you think it will fly......

Thanks for all the support from the forum the past years. I will keep you posted on the progress. Will try to post news and photos on my Facebook - Kobus Potgieter.

Kobus

Attachments

• IMG_4864.JPG
    IMG_4864.JPG
    386.7 KB · Views: 398
  • Bike 2015 LR.jpg
    Bike 2015 LR.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 388
  • vented 2.JPG
    vented 2.JPG
    349.4 KB · Views: 397