Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: What mode do you mostly use when riding  (Read 4849 times)

Offline brettp

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Blue boss.....
What mode do you mostly use when riding
« on: March 17, 2015, 08:38:57 am »
I tend to flick between Road and Dynamic....however I am liking Dynamic more n more.....

Would be interesting to know if the respective modes have an impact on fuel consumption??

anyone know?
He who dies with the most toys, wins !!!!!

Offline JohnB

Re: What mode do you mostly use when riding
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 08:59:40 am »
My bike has one mode only - Happy mode  ;D

Sorry , I had to.
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Offline Frannarossi

• Vendor
  • karoorooster@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 09:01:02 am »
Same here.....
I've been trying to figure out of the bike is thirstier on dynamic mode but what the hell,might as well just enjoy it!I still want to try dynamic mode on gravel and just switch off the esa and abs....should be more fun than the enduro mode..... :pot:
If you don't live on the edge,you take up too much space!!!

Offline Dirty Boy

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Son, thats not how I showed you......
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 09:02:56 am »
Start bike, as it starts moving, engage " what out for idiots, watch out for idiots.........." till I get home.

Online TheBear

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 10:20:19 am »
Road.
.#BRADICAL!

Offline OomD

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 10:40:39 am »
Dynamic, mostly. When the road is wet (whether raining or not) I use rain mode. I believe they've put a lot of thought into their modes, and if you ride properly (like we always should) then the rider aids will not really have an effect. But the day you overcook it, on a wet road, or simply slip out or have to stop really quickly is the day you're glad their rider aids are there.

Offline BikerJan

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 10:44:10 am »
I normally use "Road"on tar, except in the twisties, where I normally use "Dynamic". On dirt I normally use Enduro Pro, as I prefer the ABS to be off on the rear wheel, and on for the front. I also enjoy the fact that more wheel spin is possible in Enduro Pro. This mode has absolutely no reflection on my ability to ride >:D

Offline plaky

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 02:31:58 pm »
I commute every day in peak hour traffic so I use road mode, much smoother. My son told me that there is quite a big difference in the mapping of road vs Dynamic like 20% more in Dynamic. I get around 5.7 to 6L/100km commuting which I think is great. I ride according to the traffic and if the road is open I wind it, so it is not all woesy riding. I have not used Dynamic mode in traffic but would assume you don't need it and will be heavier on petrol if it makes the motor more responsive.

Offline Vanjea

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 03:17:08 pm »
So in a all-out drag race, would there be a big difference in "road" vs "dynamic"? I believe both modes use max engine power right?

Offline OomD

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 03:44:32 pm »
I commute every day in peak hour traffic so I use road mode, much smoother. My son told me that there is quite a big difference in the mapping of road vs Dynamic like 20% more in Dynamic. I get around 5.7 to 6L/100km commuting which I think is great. I ride according to the traffic and if the road is open I wind it, so it is not all woesy riding. I have not used Dynamic mode in traffic but would assume you don't need it and will be heavier on petrol if it makes the motor more responsive.

Interesting. Riding mostly on Dynamic, commuting every day (not even highway riding) I get 5.6L/100Km.

Offline Andre.Bike

• BMW R1200GS Adventure LC
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 04:27:06 pm »
5 riding Modes

The new R 1200 GS Adventure offers five riding modes. Two come standard with the new Adventure--Road and Rain. The other three--Dynamic, Enduro and Enduro Pro, are optional.

The 5 Riding Modes of the Motorcycle
•Rain
•Road
•Dynamic
•Enduro
•Enduro Pro

To ride in Enduro Pro mode, a coding plug must be inserted into the wiring harness (located under the rider seat, next to the DME).

Each mode varies settings for the ride-by- wire throttle response, ABS and ASC intervention, as well as how the Dynamic ESA varies compression and rebound damping during riding.

Rain Mode
Rain Mode gives the rider soft and smooth engine response when riding on roads with difficult grip conditions, but lets the rider to make use of the full torque and power.

The ASC is tuned for early intervention to provide maximum safety when accelerating.

ABS is geared for on-road use.

If the bike is equipped with the optional Dynamic ESA, damping of the front and rear suspension struts is set to soft.
NOTE: ABS and ASC may be manually deactivated by the rider in any of the modes. If the encoding jumper is in place, both systems will remain deactivated even after the ignition has been switched off.

Road Mode
NOTE: ABS and ASC may be manually deactivated by the rider in any of the modes. If the encodcing jumper is in place, both systems will remain deactivated even after the ignition has been switched off.

In Road Mode, the ASC provides optimal traction on dry asphalt.
The ABS is tuned for on-road use.

Dynamic Mode
Dynamic Mode, ASC characteristics are sharper for this specific profile.
It allows experienced riders to make minor drifts.
The ABS is turned on for on- road use, and is combined with a more dynamic and direct engine throttle response.

If the Dynamic ESA is part of the motorcycle, the damping will be more taut.
NOTE: ABS and ASC may be manually deactivated by the rider in any of the modes. If the encoding jumper is in place, both systems will remain deactivated even after the ignition has been switched off.

Enduro Mode
In the Enduro Mode, the ASC will allow for increased slip at the rear wheel to make minor off-road drifts possible.

The ABS tuning is geared here for riding on loose surfaces such as gravel roads using on- road tires and accordingly higher levels of slip.

The optional Dynamic ESA is tuned for high traction.
NOTE: Enduro Mode was designed for off-road riding only.
Enduro Mode

Enduro Pro Mode
NOTE: Enduro Pro Mode was designed for off-road riding only.
ABS and ASC may be manually deactivated by the rider in any of the modes. If the coding plug is in place, both systems will remain deactivated even after the ignition has been switched off.
For ambitious Enduro riders, the Enduro Pro mode is offered in conjunction with an additional coding plug. This mode offers both a spontaneous engine response and is at the same time tuned to cater to the use of knobbies.

The ABS function for the rear wheel is deactivated in this mode whenever the rider steps on the foot brake lever.

Dynamic ESA is tuned for maximum traction.

ASC is geared for professional Enduro operation and allows for a distinctly higher slip.

2010 Bmw F800GS(sold)
2009 F650 Dakar(sold) 1984 RZ50(sold)1999 PE175(sold)

Offline Andre.Bike

• BMW R1200GS Adventure LC
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 04:37:40 pm »
On road I ride in the  ROAD mode with ASC off and on gravel on Enduro with ASC off..
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. The only person that is with us our entire life, is ourselves-be ALIVE while you are alive. :-)
2017 Bmw R1200 GSA LC, 2014 Bmw R1200GSA LC(Sold)
2011 Bmw R1200GSA(sold), Honda CRF 450R(sold)
2010 Bmw F800GS(sold)
2009 F650 Dakar(sold) 1984 RZ50(sold)1999 PE175(sold)

Online TheBear

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 05:22:24 pm »

Interesting. Riding mostly on Dynamic, commuting every day (not even highway riding) I get 5.6L/100Km.

Jissie!  Julle ouens jaag!   In Road mode,  on my commute (about 25% highway)  I get 4,8L/100km.
.#BRADICAL!

Offline OomD

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 07:16:28 pm »

Jissie!  Julle ouens jaag!   In Road mode,  on my commute (about 25% highway)  I get 4,8L/100km.
Hmmm, maybe I should ride in road mode for a while and see how that affects fuel consumption. Maar dan, ek ry nie soos 'n ou man nie...  :imaposer:

Ernstig nou, ek ry wel ook nie (altyd) soos 'n hooligan nie.

Offline OomD

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 07:18:58 pm »
...Enduro Pro Mode
...For ambitious Enduro riders, the Enduro Pro mode is offered in conjunction with an additional coding plug. This mode offers both a spontaneous engine response and is at the same time tuned to cater to the use of knobbies.

...Dynamic ESA is tuned for maximum traction.

I wonder how exactly they tune the engine for the use of knobblies? Is this also because knobblies are assumed to have more grip off-road than Anakee's would? And how do you tune the ESA for more traction but at the same time tune it for knobblies?

Online Draadwerk

• Forum Whore
  • My job? Just something I do between rides....
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 07:44:47 pm »
It only pertains to ABS and ASC. The amount of slip is increased to provide for drifting of the back wheel. ASC do not intervene so quickly. That is all in essence.

Offline Raka

• Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Die Dominee
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 10:32:16 pm »
5 riding Modes

The new R 1200 GS Adventure offers five riding modes. Two come standard with the new Adventure--Road and Rain. The other three--Dynamic, Enduro and Enduro Pro, are optional.

The 5 Riding Modes of the Motorcycle
•Rain
•Road
•Dynamic
•Enduro
•Enduro Pro

To ride in Enduro Pro mode, a coding plug must be inserted into the wiring harness (located under the rider seat, next to the DME).

Each mode varies settings for the ride-by- wire throttle response, ABS and ASC intervention, as well as how the Dynamic ESA varies compression and rebound damping during riding.

Rain Mode
Rain Mode gives the rider soft and smooth engine response when riding on roads with difficult grip conditions, but lets the rider to make use of the full torque and power.

The ASC is tuned for early intervention to provide maximum safety when accelerating.

ABS is geared for on-road use.

If the bike is equipped with the optional Dynamic ESA, damping of the front and rear suspension struts is set to soft.

Road Mode
NOTE: ABS and ASC may be manually deactivated by the rider in any of the modes. If the encodcing jumper is in place, both systems will remain deactivated even after the ignition has been switched off.

In Road Mode, the ASC provides optimal traction on dry asphalt.
The ABS is tuned for on-road use.

Dynamic Mode
Dynamic Mode, ASC characteristics are sharper for this specific profile.
It allows experienced riders to make minor drifts.
The ABS is turned on for on- road use, and is combined with a more dynamic and direct engine throttle response.

If the Dynamic ESA is part of the motorcycle, the damping will be more taut.

Enduro Mode
In the Enduro Mode, the ASC will allow for increased slip at the rear wheel to make minor off-road drifts possible.

The ABS tuning is geared here for riding on loose surfaces such as gravel roads using on- road tires and accordingly higher levels of slip.

The optional Dynamic ESA is tuned for high traction.
NOTE: Enduro Mode was designed for off-road riding only.
Enduro Mode

Enduro Pro Mode
NOTE: Enduro Pro Mode was designed for off-road riding only.
ABS and ASC may be manually deactivated by the rider in any of the modes. If the coding plug is in place, both systems will remain deactivated even after the ignition has been switched off.
For ambitious Enduro riders, the Enduro Pro mode is offered in conjunction with an additional coding plug. This mode offers both a spontaneous engine response and is at the same time tuned to cater to the use of knobbies.

The ABS function for the rear wheel is deactivated in this mode whenever the rider steps on the foot brake lever.

Dynamic ESA is tuned for maximum traction.

ASC is geared for professional Enduro operation and allows for a distinctly higher slip.

My bike dont have modes, only moods ! I try to stay in alert mode !

Online TheBear

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 07:00:24 am »

Hmmm, maybe I should ride in road mode for a while and see how that affects fuel consumption. Maar dan, ek ry nie soos 'n ou man nie...  :imaposer:

Maak jou tank vol.  Ry net so honderd kilos sonder om ooit oor 4500 revs te gaan.  Enige mode. Tjek brandstof verbruik.   Ja,  ek weet dis ou toppie styl,  maar ek commute werk toe.  Ek. laaik my baas nie genoeg dat ek 5 minute vroeër daar wil wees nie.
.#BRADICAL!

Offline OomD

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 07:44:12 am »

Maak jou tank vol.  Ry net so honderd kilos sonder om ooit oor 4500 revs te gaan.  Enige mode. Tjek brandstof verbruik.   Ja,  ek weet dis ou toppie styl,  maar ek commute werk toe.  Ek. laaik my baas nie genoeg dat ek 5 minute vroeër daar wil wees nie.

Die duiweltjie wat op my regterskouer sit het sy teuels aan my gewrig vas... dit gaan baie moeilik wees!  :biggrin:

Maar ek gaan probeer.  :thumleft:

Online TheBear

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 09:14:47 am »

Die duiweltjie wat op my regterskouer sit het sy teuels aan my gewrig vas... dit gaan baie moeilik wees!  :biggrin:

Maar ek gaan probeer.  :thumleft:

Man ja, ek kry mos so een keer 'n maand speeltyd op Gerotek en was al so paar keer op Kylami en Red Star Raceway.  Ek dink dit was daar tussen die Esse en Leeukop op Kyalami wat my duiweltjie besluit het hy gaan ry maar liewer saam iemand anders.   :imaposer:

Ek het eenkeer, in 'n vreeslike aanval van oor belangstelling, my LC se Econo Soft pyltjie aangesit en toe religious ratte verander soos die ECU aanbeveel het.  4,4km/l gekry op daai tank. 
.#BRADICAL!