I AM IN LOVE WITH MY 1190 AAAAR AGAIN !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OFFROAD FANATICS

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I had my first offroad trip with my new 1190R this past weekend and started to learn it`s offroad manners. The suspension felt a bit hard under 80kms and started getting beter as I pressed on. The back especially felt a little harsh en the speedo/headlight/cockpit shook a bit to much for my liking. See when you get older you want the suspension to be softer and I know that this is not the best for handling purposes.

Well anyway got home very tired and inspected the airfilter on Tuesday to check if everything was kosher after the unifilter upgrade. No signs of any dust was visible and while checking everything out noticed that on off the bolts just in front of the steering collumn was missing. That would obviously explain why the cockpit was shaking a bit ! I then decided to sommer check all the bolts and discovered another loose one as well.

Anyway so I started fiddling with the suspension. The slow speed compression at the back was spot on and was left alone. The high speed nut says 1 and a half turns back for standard setting , so I turned it back another 3 quater turn and made the rebound 2 less as well. On the front I pushed the forks right through to maximum and turn the compression 4 clicks softer as well. Rebound 3 clicks softer as well.

Drove the bike today and fell in love again. The braking is a little less harsh at first but can i live with that! Last words are 1190 aaaar = Braap x2 !!!!

Attachments

• IMG-20150315-WA0008[1].jpg
    IMG-20150315-WA0008[1].jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 427