Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The LC has a 2-stage clutch switch?  (Read 853 times)

Online OomD

The LC has a 2-stage clutch switch?
« on: March 20, 2015, 10:50:16 am »
Thought I'd spoil myself and get the GS-911 diagnostic tool. After receiving it I connected it to my bike and just browsed the real time values, when I noticed 2 clutch activation entries. Can't remember exactly what it's called (something like "clutch switch"and "clutch switch2") , but basically it shows that the clutch lever seems to have a 2-stage switch.

The first switch/stage seems to activate as soon as the clutch starts to disengage, the second switch/stage seems to activate when the clutch has completely disengaged.

Anyway, just thought it's interesting. Maybe those in the know can enlighten us.

Offline eduard

Re: The LC has a 2-stage clutch switch?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 10:52:45 am »
 :sip:

Offline Roarman

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 12:05:38 pm »
if I monitor how my bike reacts to clutch input, it makes sense.

1. While riding on the open road with the cruise control engaged, if one pulls the clutch slightly in, the cruise control disengages. (switch 1)
2. While I am idling/free-wheeling in my parking lot at work travelling at around 15 km/h with the clutch fully disengaged (pulled in) and the throttle closed, if I slightly engage the clutch without touching the throttle, I find the ECU raises the engine RPMS by a few RPMS. (Switch 2)

Do you guys have the same findings?
Rory

Online OomD

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 12:52:38 pm »

1. While riding on the open road with the cruise control engaged, if one pulls the clutch slightly in, the cruise control disengages. (switch 1)
2. While I am idling/free-wheeling in my parking lot at work travelling at around 15 km/h with the clutch fully disengaged (pulled in) and the throttle closed, if I slightly engage the clutch without touching the throttle, I find the ECU raises the engine RPMS by a few RPMS. (Switch 2)

Makes perfect sense.  :thumleft:

Offline plaky

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 02:15:13 pm »
huh!!! Dudes, you are far too technical, this toppie needs pictures and a Heineken in my hand and I will understand anything!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 04:22:16 pm »

Jip.  One would be to disengage the cruise control.
.#BRADICAL!

Offline On The Move

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 04:47:32 pm »
I've also wondered why the revs increase slightly when pulling the clutch in. Thanks for the info.