Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: KTM Louvain by a Honda rider part 2  (Read 341 times)

Offline tatoo

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • He who has no goal to reach is already there?
    • Legally Armed Western Cape
KTM Louvain by a Honda rider part 2
« on: April 18, 2008, 03:43:08 pm »
Friday night was held at the Zanzibar Restaurant in George. I opted not to take photo's but elsewhere there are of the night. After some entertainment by Buis I went to sleep. The rest of the Boland team stayed till very late and held the banner high.
Waking up was interesting as KTM's where parked all over great for us maybe not that great for the others. Photo 1
Then on to KTM George to meet and get the day started. Some friendlyness from a fellow Paarllite (Honda Rider) keeping Joerocket cool. Photo 2
Waiting a longtime to start some of us decided to take a power nap. Photo 3.
Eventually started and over Montagu pass and on. Had a second breakfast seeing that we where going to mis lunch for sure. Photo 4

Last bit to come
Freedom just another word for nothing left to lose.

Offline tatoo

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • He who has no goal to reach is already there?
    • Legally Armed Western Cape
Re: KTM Louvain by a Honda rider part 3
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 03:59:33 pm »
We decided to stop along the route for the smokers. Here we where met by a local lad that had modified a bike . We where all very impressed and all declined an invitation to take it for a spin. Photo 1 Then Joerocket arrived and he just took it no questions or invitations, man I thought we where in for a wipeout of note as there are no front brakes, heel and toe gears and barely a clutch, but check out this determination coming down the road. Photo 2. Then nearly a wipe on the return see the face of shear terror. In all it was a good laugh and the boy declined taking Joerockets KTM for a spin. Photo 3.
Eventually arrived at Louvain after a great days riding and eating a lot of dust.
As the day drew to a close the restlessness of those that know grew more and more, as the rest of the crowds gathered to await the explosion of sorts, and yes it was Joerocket first with his impressive burnout. Uiltjie in the picture taking his most impressive shots. Photo 4.
I include this last photo of us filling up in Oudshoorn as a lesson to myself for not packing enough batteries duh.
In short the trip back was as spectecular and enjoyable as the previous day. With a stop at Ronnies sex shop we where entertained by a slightly intoxicated person braaing what was once called chicken and bread.
In all a really great weekend and a great thankyou to Joerocket, Katoom, Buis, Oudstes, Kat and Koplamp.
Thank for the invite and thaks to Jaco from George KTM for the occasion and invite to all brands.
I really enjoyed it and will next time, take more batteries with.
O yes KTM guys are not that bad after all hahahahahaha
Freedom just another word for nothing left to lose.

Offline Giraffe

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
Re: KTM Louvain by a Honda rider part 2
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 09:46:06 am »
Cool report, sorry that I had to miss that one :'(