Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Western Cape Off Road Club - WCOC  (Read 529 times)

Offline Pom17

• Race Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Cobus van der Merwe
Western Cape Off Road Club - WCOC
« on: March 24, 2015, 12:45:00 pm »
I see that in June they have the Koue Bokkeveld 200 which consists of 2 days of racing - 20 & 21 June
How does this work? Do you race only one of the days? Is there an option to only race one day? Or do you race both days?

Then also the same thing in September with the Quaggas in Worcester. But this happens on the Thursday (public holiday) and Saturday.

Also when during these races do we find out who goes first, quads or bikes, and starting times?

Offline PLUTO

Re: Western Cape Off Road Club - WCOC
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 02:30:58 pm »
Hi Pom 17
ja you can enter either one or both of the races.  There are two different tracks at Koue Bokkeveld.  Quads and bikes start at the same time.  On Day 1 quads do Loop 1, bikes Loop 2.  Otherway around on Day 2.  This is a warm up for the National happening at Quaggas in Sept, which will basically be the same format at Koue bokkeveld, except with the provision of a rest day.

you have to be on the ball to do two race days in a row - but lotsa fun.  basically biking all weekend long!

Koue Bokkeveld will probably start 10am both days.  Quagga, will probably start earlier - 8am .

The wcoc website will have more detail.

Offline Buff

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 02:46:05 pm »
Yep, they're called Double Headers. Each day is a race of it's own and both count towards the championship.

The idea behind it is to reduce travelling to events for riders & family, especially those races a little further out of CT.

Like Pluto said, you've got to be fit to race hard both days, the body takes a beating.
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline weskus

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Vrek gewerk!!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 03:11:04 pm »
I like it a lot, otherwise I have to fork out at least an extra R2000 just to get to another event. Did the double headers at KB200 last year and was not very fit, actually good once you get started.. looking forward.. :thumleft:
Vorige scooters : Suzuki TS 185, Honda CD 200, Suzuki PE 250, Kawasaki Z650, Yamaha 495 IT, Kawasaki KLX 300, BMW F 650 GS Dakar, BMW F 800 GS, KDX200, KTM300, Suzuki GSXR1000, Honda CD200, KTM 1290 Superduke (stukkend geval) tans KTM 990 Adv - toer,  KTM 300 XCW- funrides,Honda Z50 Monkeybike(projek), Honda ST70 Dax,Honda S110 Benly, Honda C110 trail, Yamaha RS125, Honda CX500 Custom - bar toe..

Offline Pom17

• Race Dog
  • Cobus van der Merwe
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 04:47:00 pm »
Thanks for the info. It makes sense and obviously helps me as well since my budget is non-existing

Just paid and entered and MSA paid etc etc

Just waiting for number from MSA then all is sorted.

Next up: Try and finish Saturday without killing myself. See that MSA only sponsors R150 000 under death benefits  :lol8:

Offline Offroad2

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 06:15:00 pm »
Hi Pom17
We introduced the back to back to make it a bit more challenging - look after yourself & bike. Bit look the old 400km nationals with time trial day before (haha they used to punish us in the TT then work on quads until 2am to start main race next day - it was great !)
This is not so difficult but if you some technical issue you can still fix and restart a new race the next day etc...
Your away weekends & travel costs are reduced - getting up for day two is not bad at all it is worth it for the adventure.

cheers
No Road like Off-Road

Offline Pom17

• Race Dog
  • Cobus van der Merwe
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 07:51:32 pm »
Ok great. Thanks for the info and input from everyone. See you all on Saturday.  :ricky: