Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Husky New Dealers---  (Read 4281 times)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
Husky New Dealers---
« on: March 25, 2015, 07:36:53 am »
So by the looks of things all the old Husky Dealers will hear if they are dealers or not next month--

Husky SA will be looking at the best possible way to distribute the bike --spares and promote the Brand like it should have been done years ago.

Many old agents I doubt will be part of the new set up as it will most probably cost them to set up a Corporate Image like KTM has -

Gone are the day's that you could go buy your spares at the Local Fish and Chip shop  ::)

On the other hand I think it can only be good for the company --

Not that it matters to me --I still buy from over seas when I do need a part --

Hoping they also get some good riders here in SA to Race the Bikes --
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 12:50:13 pm by blazes »
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline gser

• Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Gelukkig nog nie hard GeSloeg nie
Re: Husky New Dealers---
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 07:51:22 am »

Hope so.
 Please Husky, get some local winning riders winning local races !

Offline Xpat

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 03:01:36 pm »
Blazes, where can I get my TE630 serviced now? I've noticed that Primrose are not selling them anymore.

My has about 25000 km and I would like somebody who know what they are doing to dive into the bike (clutch and clutch springs, the valve timing chain, etc.) to check properly how it is doing. And as usually I woke up too late and would like all that to happen before Easter so I can do a traditional Lesotho shindig...

Thank you.

Offline Tr0jan

• Centurion(Werk) - Zeerust(Plaas)
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Kom grondpad, kom!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 03:41:00 pm »
Thanks for letting us know blazes. Missed my opportunity to buy a terra 650 new, hopefully that bus might come again for an alternative model.

KTM 990 - Wiff twee pype and loud A-F!

I'm not a hooligan, my throttle grip got stuck! \_(ツ)_/

Offline StuartC

• Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 03:50:38 pm »
Very few if any good riders will be able to work with FFF at Husky, if it fall's directly under Miss Brandle at KTM and she runs the team then yes, they had some of the best riders in the country and they all walked away.
Life is too short to ride a Honda

Offline gser

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 04:06:28 pm »

"Conflict of interest" then ?

Offline SchalkL

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 04:58:54 pm »
Please tell me about the Husky's or point me in the right direction. Been glancing at them for a while now but know jackshit. The plan was to look at a KTM 690 soon, what is the Husky alternative and why?
(I don't want to get the engine done every 10,000km  :patch: )
At the Warthog ride Boer was there with a 610 something and it look very lekker.... :3some:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:59:23 pm by SchalkL »
Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans

Offline StuartC

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 05:38:32 pm »

"Conflict of interest" then ?
Neither,,, i just know these things,,lol

Offline gser

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 06:01:42 pm »
Please tell me about the Husky's or point me in the right direction. Been glancing at them for a while now but know jackshit. The plan was to look at a KTM 690 soon, what is the Husky alternative and why?
At the Warthog ride Boer was there with a 610 something and it look very lekker.... :3some:
Blazes . . come in.
I do not much about the "new" ones , I've only got old school twin shockers air cooled ones.

Offline Xpat

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 06:14:14 pm »

Husky used to have TE610 (570cc) and later TE630 (600cc) as an equivalent of 690 (or rather predecessor). They had IMO bit less power and much better gearbox, and - if few known issues were attended to seemed more reliable . But with the takeover by KTM, they are both gone - you would have to look second hand (probably 610 and I've heard somewhere that there were only about 4 630s sold in SA - one of them mine).

I've also read on a Czech KTM forum, that 690 will be gone from the KTM lineup by the end of this year and will be moved to Husky lineup as a 701 (they already showed 701 supermoto). It's a rumor, but kind of makes sense - why have two basically same bikes in the lineup? 

Offline StuartC

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 06:18:21 pm »
It's fact Xpat, the 2015's are the last 690's

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 08:07:27 pm »
Blazes, where can I get my TE630 serviced now? I've noticed that Primrose are not selling them anymore.

My has about 25000 km and I would like somebody who know what they are doing to dive into the bike (clutch and clutch springs, the valve timing chain, etc.) to check properly how it is doing. And as usually I woke up too late and would like all that to happen before Easter so I can do a traditional Lesotho shindig...

Thank you.

That's a Tough one M --- if Shane at Primrose can not help you --I can not even recommend anyone that can work on them -- Sandstorm has closed its doors and Theo has moved over to race bikes --Would not even chance it by the other monkeys out there  ::)

I have been doing my Huskies myself for the last couple of years now --Just remember the 630 you have has a oil filter that looks nearly the same as the 610 but is actually 1mm longer for  a reason --Hear if Shane will help --he is a cool guy -- Hope you come right
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 08:09:27 pm »

The 610 TE is still the best bike I have ever ridden --low on maintenance and runs strong with a great 6 speed wide ratio box --
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 08:14:49 pm »

Husky used to have TE610 (570cc) and later TE630 (600cc) as an equivalent of 690 (or rather predecessor). They had IMO bit less power and much better gearbox, and - if few known issues were attended to seemed more reliable . But with the takeover by KTM, they are both gone - you would have to look second hand (probably 610 and I've heard somewhere that there were only about 4 630s sold in SA - one of them mine).

I've also read on a Czech KTM forum, that 690 will be gone from the KTM lineup by the end of this year and will be moved to Husky lineup as a 701 (they already showed 701 supermoto). It's a rumor, but kind of makes sense - why have two basically same bikes in the lineup? 

Jarred has the other 630TE and a 630 SM -- so only two 630TE's out there as far as I recall

All the new Huskies are running 2016 upgrades and the KTM's are still running 2015 parts -- as far as I hear and can make out Husky will eventually become the Front Race bike in the stable
Current Scooters --

Offline BOER!

• is 'n GS neersletterende
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • What's Updog?
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 08:46:35 pm »
So the one dealer that I knew was in Centurion also no longer there....  :-\

Where can I try and buy an airfilter and oilfilter for my bike.  Seems the brake pads happens to be KTM 525 identicals, so sorted there.

At the warthog run, I lost the bikes arse, or actually, the rear tyre chomped it to pieces.  AlanB is sending me his CAD drawing he made of the luggage bracket, and I will cut it on my CNC machine pretty soon.  And for my tail light assembly, I also found this online today...

My hart kom affie plaas, Waar die Wind en die Son en die Stilte my speelmaats was.

Everybody falls off. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 10:46:17 am »
So the one dealer that I knew was in Centurion also no longer there....  :-\

Where can I try and buy an airfilter and oilfilter for my bike.  Seems the brake pads happens to be KTM 525 identicals, so sorted there.

At the warthog run, I lost the bikes arse, or actually, the rear tyre chomped it to pieces.  AlanB is sending me his CAD drawing he made of the luggage bracket, and I will cut it on my CNC machine pretty soon.  And for my tail light assembly, I also found this online today...

Oil filter Hi-Flo HF-154 Cheap as chips 60-70 rand
Runner and a few other bike shops have stock as well
Lots of pads fit on the Husky at the back --Stock Brembo Disc

Air cleaner from Halls -Only thing that works is the Twin -Air OEM Nothing available in SA at the moment and if push comes to shove --buy some good High Density Foam and make your own easy flat design
Current Scooters --

Offline Straatkat

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 11:00:00 pm »
(I don't want to get the engine done every 10,000km  :patch: )
Blazes . . come in.
I do not much about the "new" ones , I've only got old school twin shockers air cooled ones.

Schalk, the Husky TE610 weighs only 140kg and makes something like 54hp out of a 570cc motor. If you are about to do technical stuff it has so much low down torque it is quite amazing. The motor is so tractable and with the low weight it really goes well. Combine that with a long travel suspension that is also pretty good, you have a really nice allrounder. To be completely honest there are some issues that needs sorting out like most bikes they have small known niggles that are easily sorted and when it's done you have an ultra reliable bike. If some-one like Michael (Blazes) say it's the best bike he has ever ridden, need I say more. In my opinion the 610/630 Huskies are one of the best kept secrets in the dualsport world.
18 till I die.
If hard work pays, show me rich donkey.

Offline SchalkL

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 11:14:27 pm »
(I don't want to get the engine done every 10,000km  :patch: )
Blazes . . come in.

Schalk, the Husky TE610 weighs only 140kg and makes something like 54hp out of a 570cc motor. If you are about to do technical stuff it has so much low down torque it is quite amazing. The motor is so tractable and with the low weight it really goes well. Combine that with a long travel suspension that is also pretty good, you have a really nice allrounder. To be completely honest there are some issues that needs sorting out like most bikes they have small known niggles that are easily sorted and when it's done you have an ultra reliable bike. If some-one like Michael (Blazes) say it's the best bike he has ever ridden, need I say more. In my opinion the 610/630 Huskies are one of the best kept secrets in the dualsport world.
Tx for the info, will carefully consider  ;)
Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans

Offline StuartC

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 02:52:41 pm »
One only need remember that the KTM RFS motors were made under licence from Husky, 400, 450, 520 and 525 best motors I have ever worked on !

Online sidetrack

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 03:08:17 pm »
One only need remember that the KTM RFS motors were made under licence from Husky, 400, 450, 520 and 525 best motors I have ever worked on !
Well some might say it was a Husaberg design first, KTM just improved it. Designed by the Husky engineers who did not take well to the Italians buying them out then started Husaberg.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 03:10:37 pm by sidetrack »
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north