Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Husky New Dealers---  (Read 4280 times)

Offline StuartC

• Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
Re: Husky New Dealers---
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 05:29:13 pm »
Ok,, lets get technical,, Klaus was seriously pissed when Guido took over,,,,,,,,lol
Life is too short to ride a Honda

Offline sidetrack

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 09:04:31 pm »
Ok,, lets get technical,, Klaus was seriously pissed when Guido took over,,,,,,,,lol
And Guido went ballistic when Horst took over !
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline paulb

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 10:42:26 pm »
Is there a Husky shop in the Boksburg area where I can take my Nuda 900 for a service or can I take it to BMW ?
Better to have it and not need it , than to need it and not have it

Offline wolf skaap

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2015, 10:05:56 am »
Schalk, the Husky TE610 weighs only 140kg and makes something like 54hp out of a 570cc motor. If you are about to do technical stuff it has so much low down torque it is quite amazing. The motor is so tractable and with the low weight it really goes well. Combine that with a long travel suspension that is also pretty good, you have a really nice allrounder. To be completely honest there are some issues that needs sorting out like most bikes they have small known niggles that are easily sorted and when it's done you have an ultra reliable bike. If some-one like Michael (Blazes) say it's the best bike he has ever ridden, need I say more. In my opinion the 610/630 Huskies are one of the best kept secrets in the dualsport world.
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

TE610 is slow in comparison to a 45hp 525.  The Husaberg 570cc makes 58hp, not the Husky 570cc.
Sidetrack's KTM 530 has the full Husaberg 570cc conversion and its in a different universe compared to a 525, 450 and especially a TE610
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:10:19 am by wolf skaap »
Let the good times roll!

Offline Rough Rider

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2015, 10:09:44 am »
Schalk, the Husky TE610 weighs only 140kg and makes something like 54hp out of a 570cc motor. If you are about to do technical stuff it has so much low down torque it is quite amazing. The motor is so tractable and with the low weight it really goes well. Combine that with a long travel suspension that is also pretty good, you have a really nice allrounder. To be completely honest there are some issues that needs sorting out like most bikes they have small known niggles that are easily sorted and when it's done you have an ultra reliable bike. If some-one like Michael (Blazes) say it's the best bike he has ever ridden, need I say more. In my opinion the 610/630 Huskies are one of the best kept secrets in the dualsport world.

610 is slow in comparison to a 45hp 525

Yeah and the one is a race bike and the other a dual sport.
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline wolf skaap

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2015, 10:10:59 am »
+1
Let the good times roll!

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2015, 07:27:16 pm »
This obsession with horsepower copmparisons reminds me of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFgxUSOdecY

In the video who wins and why?

Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline Straatkat

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2015, 10:13:14 pm »

610 is slow in comparison to a 45hp 525

Yeah and the one is a race bike and the other a dual sport.

Yip two very different animals, and they cannot reasonably be compared. I have no doubt that a modified whatever will be faster than a 610, there are hundreds of bikes that are faster, but as I said the 610 is a really nice ALLROUNDER.
18 till I die.
If hard work pays, show me rich donkey.

Offline wolf skaap

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 11:48:33 pm »
It definitely is a great all-rounder.

With that insanely tall 6th, I'd be tempted to gear it very aggressively. I believe that both the 610's I've ridden were geared too tall and resulted in me, most likely unjustly discrediting the motor.

I thought something was wrong with my YZ450's motor; I knew that I had it geared tall (14-46), but expected the 55hp motor to cope well. It didn't..
I could not believe the difference 14-51 made and now, 2 years later, I can only wonder what difference 5 teeth on the rear sprocket of those 610's would have yielded.  

Spyt kom mos altyd te laat, in my geval is dit 2 jaar en talle forum gevegte later.
 :dousing:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 11:50:25 pm by wolf skaap »
Let the good times roll!

Offline BOER!

• is 'n GS neersletterende
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • What's Updog?
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2015, 05:05:50 am »
My rear sprocket is almost shot, so now I am tempted to try a 51 rear...

:biggrin:
My hart kom affie plaas, Waar die Wind en die Son en die Stilte my speelmaats was.

Everybody falls off. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2015, 11:02:12 pm »
On our recent Swazi trip we had a drag race across a soccer field.

The bikes lined up included a couple of 990's and some 1190's and a few 690's and me with a full24 liter tank and a "slow under powered 570cc 610".  Clearly the least powerful bike there (which is the truth)!  No doubt about it!

Well imagine how surprised I was, when I was a couple of bikes lengths clear of everyone else when we where half way acrross  :o :biggrin:

I had shut off the throttle to avoid running the guy on the other side  over and then one of those pesky 990's sneaked past and claimed the win.

I've got a photo somewhere of me with a closed throttle while he comes past.  I'll dig it up.

Now I could try and tell everyone how fast my bike is ( ::)), but maybe its got more to do with having five or so years experience in doing MX starts in a proper competitive environment?  Or maybe its my super fast reactions?  Or my superior skill  :imaposer:  Or maybe it was just a complete fluke?

At the end of the day it means nothing really. 

But it did make me smile a lot for the rest of the day, mostly because it gave me a glimpse of the old MX days again  :thumleft:

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2015, 07:55:58 am »
What does a 610 rider see when he passes a 990?

The front fender  :laughing4:
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2015, 10:07:25 am »
Found the photo's

You can see the amazing super fast Husky on the extreme right.

Here's a zoom in of me with a closed throttle in my attempt to save lives, while being taken advantage of by Mark on the 990  :biggrin:

It was fun I must admit  :biggrin: O0

Offline sidetrack

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2015, 11:44:15 am »
I renember my 610 the bike is real good at putting power to the ground, no tyre spinning and other time wasting. Do think it would be different in tar but heck not where we ride right !
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline StuartC

• Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2015, 12:59:40 pm »
The mighty DR was just spinning
Life is too short to ride a Honda

Offline BOER!

• What's Updog?
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2015, 08:21:25 pm »
AlanB's Cad Drawing worked perftectly and the CNC machine took 3min 30 seconds to knock out two rear luggage brackets. Cost R60 for two. I had 3mm aluminium offcut.

I bent and fitted them last weekend and fitted two aftermarket LED indicators from Suzuki Toy Store (R140). 

Today I collected my universal tail light bracket from Langston Racing and it looks super cool. This weekend I will fit it and post my new photos  as soon as I am done.

Cannot wait to see the final look....
My hart kom affie plaas, Waar die Wind en die Son en die Stilte my speelmaats was.

Offline wolf skaap

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2015, 12:30:00 am »
On our recent Swazi trip we had a drag race across a soccer field.

The bikes lined up included a couple of 990's and some 1190's and a few 690's and me with a full24 liter tank and a "slow under powered 570cc 610".  Clearly the least powerful bike there (which is the truth)!  No doubt about it!

Well imagine how surprised I was, when I was a couple of bikes lengths clear of everyone else when we where half way acrross  :o :biggrin:

I had shut off the throttle to avoid running the guy on the other side  over and then one of those pesky 990's sneaked past and claimed the win.

I've got a photo somewhere of me with a closed throttle while he comes past.  I'll dig it up.

Now I could try and tell everyone how fast my bike is ( ::)), but maybe its got more to do with having five or so years experience in doing MX starts in a proper competitive environment?  Or maybe its my super fast reactions?  Or my superior skill  :imaposer:  Or maybe it was just a complete fluke?

At the end of the day it means nothing really. 

But it did make me smile a lot for the rest of the day, mostly because it gave me a glimpse of the old MX days again  :thumleft:

What sprocket sizes are you running?
Let the good times roll!

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2015, 08:47:12 am »
15 front 47 back

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2015, 09:25:32 am »
Glad the CAD file was useful Boer  :thumleft:

Offline BOER!

• What's Updog?
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2015, 12:10:04 pm »
Thanks AlanB!   :thumleft:  They day we meet, I am buying boet..

So without further delay... Here is the taillight repair... Or as Bud500 puts it, The improvement!