2013 KTM 1190 vs 2014 BMW F800GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJBotha

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Hi Guys!

I got my dad looking into adv bikes, and he can't decide between the two as mentioned above! Both has less than 10k km on the clock, and the KTM is slightly more expensive as can be expected.

He lives on a farm in the Eastern Cape and apart from touring the district he will want to ride with it between farms as well. The terrain ranges from normal dirt secondary roads (70%) to rocky single track and use on the farm. **Edit** This seems to through everybody back to thumpers so I removed this. He also has a Honda Tornado 250cc bike on the farm. 

I of course suggest the F800GS since I can't imagine anything being more fun, apart from maybe the KTM 990 Adventure.

Supposedly the rims, power and suspension is better on the KTM. What else? Both has no extras (I think the 1190 comes out with the crashbars?), the BMW doesn't have any extras.

What do you guys think? Is it like BMW Vs Mercedes or is there actually one that will stand out for his needs?

Thanks!  :thumleft: