A quick spin north.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welsh

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
So I considered joining Blazes short ride his morning, but I signed up a job I had been working on for a while on Friday night, so I thought I owed myself a few more km,s.

So I left at 06:30 and decided to run my old routes in reverse, so rode the slab to Bela Bela through some early morning showers and then to Modamille and refuelled, just past Vallwater I pulled a right and a nice 32 km loop back to the tar.

Thaba002.jpg

Some of it was recently graded and care was required, but the Bosveld looks good...

Thaba004.jpg

The loop came out here for reference, on the Vaalwater road.

Thaba005.jpg

From there only a short pull on entertaining tar to Bakkers Pass turn off

Thaba006.jpg

They are busy with drainage work on all these roads currently, but still looks good

Thaba007.jpg

Not on my plan, but so close, so what the hell lets do Rankins as well.....

Thaba008.jpg

So I rode down Rankins again..... and for the first time rode up it, much more fun ;D ;D

Thaba009.jpg

Thaba010.jpg

I had a few sphyncter tightening moments shortly afterwards, the roads up there seem to be more sandy due to the rains, I did not buy a farm but it was close  ;D ;D

Thaba011.jpg

Thaba012.jpg

So nothing much afterwards,

Thaba015.jpg

Just a fun push back through Rooiberg to Assen, Leuewpoort and Atalanta then back by 13:30 for a quick beer... ;D ;D ;D  got through 620 km,s seemed ok pleasantly varked, now enjoying a glass of dry white  ;D

Welsh  8)