Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Horizons Unlimited UK 2006 meet  (Read 2669 times)

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
Horizons Unlimited UK 2006 meet
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 02:44:12 pm »
Quote from: "Leo"
Thanks for the post Maverick. Lovely!

Hell those AT looks like they never saw a dust cloud in their lives!

Dust is a very rare commodity in the UK dude, this island is made out of mud :shock:

I am still finding mud under the panels from a offroad session in March :D The amount of offroading in the UK is rapidly declining with all the new laws and regulations prohibiting you from going offroad unfortenately. Just a better excuse for a trip to Morrocco then 8)
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

shark_za

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 02:45:51 pm »
Mud?

I heard the continent flushes and the pipes run into the sea...
Till a pile forms.

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 02:47:45 pm »
Quote from: "shark_za"
Mud?

I heard the continent flushes and the pipes run into the sea...
Till a pile forms.

Well I did say it's a really kak place now didn't I :roll:
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Kev

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 03:32:05 pm »
[quote="Maverick
There is loads of people heading down your way for the Stella Alpina rally dude, will do that next year for sure 8)[/quote]

You really need too! I am looking forward to the Stella myself. It will be my 1st proper trip. Getting the bike serviced a few days before: its 1000km service. I will make a proper ride report, with photies!

I have a map on the wall in the toilette, :oops: it an excellent place for dreaming about trips. I have plotted about 10 different ways to the Stella from my place... all taking in different passes along the way. Can't wait!  :P

Offline Excalibur

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2006, 03:34:27 pm »
Mav, great report and phodies! Seems to me Leo feels guilty about his behaviour at Zonks braai. Old SADF officers dont get "drunk", we just get "socially tired"and furthermore Leo is a "introvert" through and through!

Offline CrazyPorra

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • The Mutton Man
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2006, 02:58:34 pm »
Quote from: "LuckyStriker"
Actually Grant Johnson organised an HU meet at Golden Gate last year.
It was cancelled due to a slight problem between the two major sponsors.

It would have had a nice line-up too with some 10 international travellers sharing their tales

Oh was that the reason, thought they didn't get the numbers cause of the entrance fee was a bit rediculous, for Africa.

Offline tsiklonaut

• Bike: BMW R1100GS
    • Ühel Teljel Ümber Planeedi
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2006, 06:02:38 pm »
Verrry good overview Maverick!!! :thumbleft:  

I still cry i didn't make it - me wanted to come to HU meet this year, but i was sick on the bed and i had uni graduation event on the same day(s). I was about to send the uni event to ferk orf, but the damn flu held me in the bed.  :cry:  

Next year then...

All the best, Margus
Horsepower
is an illusory
Mathematical equation
Torque
is the source of all Good things in the world