XR-FEST (BraapFest) 10-12 July 2015. The real deal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you going to attend the 2015 XR-Fest?

• Yes, count me in.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • I'd like to but not sure yet.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • My mommy won't let me go.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • No.

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • I don't have an XR but I'll come on my XL/XT/KTM/DR/etc....

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Sierck-Les-Bains, France, (Formerly Benoni, SA)
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
Ok here it is.
djw0qiYAZdH-tU7om7Yvgypp-nrjww3jBifOBduPBZl3=w874-h598-no

In co-operation with Blauth, (EDIT:- And now in conjunction with a few DR, XT, KLX, etc.. -riding poofters) we are planning to have the XR-Fest (EDIT:-  A.K.A. "BraaapFest) in July. 
Dates are 10 to 12th July 2015.

This will be a weekend affair, tentatively hosted by Blauth at his family farm,  between Dullstroom and Belfast. He has a lot of great routes around the area and we have a mostly dirt route from Bapsfontein via Loskop for the eventuality of riding there. Accommodation is also available on the farm in the form of chalets . I'm not sure about camping but it seems reasonable to assume that it's available in some form or another. Be aware that it's really fargin cold out there at that time of year.

Dates have not been set but hopefully we can aim for the second weekend of July. This is not yet finalised so we can revise if it works better for the majority.

MEGA-EDIT:-
We're investigating going to the Elangeni resort on the N4 a few kays after Waterval Boven (AKA Emngwenya), as the weather is friendlier. Looking at Google Earf, there can like to be lekker roads out there to go Xaaring on.

Please get your name in as soon as possible so that we can go ahead with the planning and have a great event. 

As usual this is planned by and for XR riders but of course we're happy to have anyone along.
Last year's XR - FEST was a great day and well attended. Hopefully this one is the next level.

WHO'S IN?