My ride report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grootseun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GSA
Saturday, 17 July. It started as a regular Saturday morning… nice and warm for this time of the year. I was woken up by my son to make him coco-pops and switch the pacifier (cartoon network) on for him. I was to join my mates for a little playtime on our bikes. I set off around 09:45 as we were to set off around 10:00am. So after quite a long wait (these mx guys have no sense of time) we eventually set off around 11:00.

I did not take too many pics cuz I was having WAY too much fun.
DSC07738.JPG

The terrain varied from wide dirt trails to single footpaths and even burned down grass with no footpaths. The only place stofdonkie did not go was this really muddy water crossing. I really did not feel Olympic enough to try and wrestle stofdonkie through the mud where all of the ktm’s had to be pushed through after being bogged down (it may have something to do with the 90kg plus riders J J)
I turned around at the muddy section to try and cross the “river” at a more rocky section I frequent on my Mountainbike.

DSC07739.JPG

DSC07740.JPG

That was where I lost the group of katooms, I thought they already passed as I had to double back on the route we took earlier but after wards I was told they tried to catch up with me, but I disappeared into the distance heheh.
DSC07741.JPG

I ended up at the mulderdrift hotel where we were supposed to have a beer, but I only received a phonecall to say they turned back and I should join them for a beer at home.

I made my way back as I came and when I got there an ice cold beer was waiting there for me.

Al in all I had a blast, I was REALLY impressed with stofdonkie’s capability and even more surprised with my technical capabilities. The bikes on the ride were:
2x KTM 450 exc’s
1xKTM200 2smoke
1xstofdonkie.

We went on to have supper after which my wife said we should maybe go to the hospital as she wants to make sure everything’s OK. The baby is only due on Friday 30 June, so I was not really worried. When we got to the Hospital and they checked her out, I was shocked when I was told the emergency C-section is in 30 minutes time (8pm). I crapped my pants.

At 8:20 my son was born, 2.9kg 10 fingers and toes everything ok.
Image151.jpg

Image152.jpg

What a RIDE!!!!!