Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Husky local spares dealers  (Read 11046 times)

Offline Straatkat

Husky local spares dealers
« on: April 08, 2015, 10:16:55 pm »
After waiting for over a year for parts from Puzey Randburg to arrive, we got some advice to try ASAP Racing in Fourways (from RAD nogal)
and orderd some bits, they arrived and I got a call today they are ready for collection. Pretty good service if you ask me, just over a week.
So, anyone need Husky parts you know where to go.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 06:38:11 pm by BiG DoM »
18 till I die.
If hard work pays, show me rich donkey.

Offline sidetrack

Re: Husky spares
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 11:12:55 am »
After waiting for over a year for parts from Puzey Randburg to arrive, we got some advice to try ASAP Racing in Fourways (from RAD nogal)
and orderd some bits, they arrived and I got a call today they are ready for collection. Pretty good service if you ask me, just over a week.
So, anyone need Husky parts you know where to go.
Mate of mine ordered a chain slider from Primrose, about 6 months later it arrived after he had long since sold his 610  :spitcoffee: RAD is the best bike shop I have dealt with ever and it's great that they could steer you in the right direction  :thumleft:
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline StuartC

• Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 01:01:09 pm »
I sent this post to Mike Puzey, I'm sure heads are going to roll!
Life is too short to ride a Honda

Online BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 05:47:13 pm »
Guys please let me know who LOCALLY you find best for spares at the moment - Name of dealer, contact person, phone and e-mail if possible. I would like to make a Sticky if possible for reference.

Thanks  :thumleft:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline Kykdaar

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Zundapp (all models)
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 05:55:34 pm »
Bikers's Warehouse is my go-to place for Husky spares.

Currently busy with a rebuild. Place and pay for order on Monday, get spares the next week Wednesday
On average.

Excellent service from Shanna. :thumleft:

http://www.bikerswarehouse.co.za/

« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 06:37:46 pm by BiG DoM »

Online BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
Re: Husky local spares dealers
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 10:02:33 am »
OK so I contacted both Bikers Warehouse/Puzey and ASAP Racing on 2 January by e-mail asking for a quote and expected delivery time on 7 parts. I supplied the description and part numbers myself from parts catalogue.

A week later I had not received any response from either but knowing that many business's only opened on the 4th I sent a reminder to both. BW/Puzey responded immediately and forwarded a quote and time frame. Very professional. About 5 days later I received a voice mail from ASAP (Calvin I think) saying sorry but they are having issues with their new dealer network system promised would get back to me. Radio silence since. Fuckem.

So have ordered and paid Bikers Warehouse. Lets see how it progresses.

Oh and prices not that bad at all as well.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 03:31:38 pm by BiG DoM »
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

Offline Straatkat

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 07:31:00 pm »
BD let us know how it turns out, I need to order a few things myself.
18 till I die.

Offline CliveG

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 11:40:01 am »
Puzey and bikers warehouse is the same place. I found they not a good company to do business with, after my dealing with them and my so called brand new Nuda, that turned out to be 2nd hand, after I paid and flew up to collect. They stuffed me around for 5 months, with the registration papers and my last email to Kerry Puzey still has not been replied.
Husqvarna Nuda 900, BMW R80 GS, BMW G650 X Country, 2016 Beta 300 X Trainer,
Ducati 900 Darmah SSD, Ducati 900 SS, Ducati 900 Darmah SD, Ducati 860, Norton 750 Commander, Triton 650, Suzuki T500, Yamaha RZ500 x 2, Yamaha RD350YPVS, Yamaha RD350 air cooled,  Yamaha RT360 x 2.

If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.
Frank Zappa

Online BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 05:05:12 pm »
Puzey and bikers warehouse is the same place. I found they not a good company to do business with, after my dealing with them and my so called brand new Nuda, that turned out to be 2nd hand, after I paid and flew up to collect. They stuffed me around for 5 months, with the registration papers and my last email to Kerry Puzey still has not been replied.

Yes I know Bikers Warehouse and Puzey are one in the same (that is why I referred to BW/Puzey). So far so good but lets see if they deliver on these parts. Sorry to hear about your experience - is there a thread on it?

Offline Straatkat

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2016, 09:46:05 pm »
I wandered into Bikers warehouse this morning, asked Shanna for a relay for my 610, she reached over and took one off the shelf for me, a pleasant surprise.
Pretty and efficient...or is that pretty efficient!
18 till I die.

Offline Kykdaar

• Forum Whore
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2016, 09:48:19 pm »
I wandered into Bikers warehouse this morning, asked Shanna for a relay for my 610, she reached over and took one off the shelf for me, a pleasant surprise.

Shanna is pretty efficient ;D

Online BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 05:38:37 pm »

Shanna is pretty efficient ;D

They have gone quiet on me despite as few e-mails to follow up I am not so upbeat about them anymore!  :P

Online BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 11:40:29 am »
UPDATE - Last few e-mails to Shanna have been ignored! Eventually phoned this morning and she says sorry I have alot of unread e-mails ... WTF? Seemed to know about my order though but then admitted that she had made a faarkup and sent a gasket to another customer by mistake and is now waiting for it to be returned ... before she can dispatch my order .... TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK.

NOT A GOOD SHOPPING EXPERIENCE.

I think next time I will order from USA.

Offline Kykdaar

• Forum Whore
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2016, 12:50:40 pm »
Eish.....sorry to hear Dom.

Maybe I have been lucky, but I have never had a day's problem. The only time I had a little delay was when she was off sick for a day or so.

Online BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2016, 11:25:43 pm »

FURTHER UPDATE - e-mailed again today as still nothing!! Later in the day got a phone call from a guy called Nick/Nicolas who tells me he is following up on my e-mail and has taken over from Shanna. I fill him in on the unhappy shopping experience and he tells me he has all the parts I ask him about the gasket that Shanna had told me she had sent out to someone else in error. He looks into it and comes back to me to tell me sorry but in fact it was never ordered! This despite it being on the quote and paid for. So I was not only faarked around I was also lied to. Now the part will be back ordered like it should have been in early January. Big apologies from Nick TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK. A proper pussy business imho.  How not to win friends and influence people!   :dousing:
Anyone got Mr Puzzy's e-mail address to send this link to?

UPDATE - Last few e-mails to Shanna have been ignored! Eventually phoned this morning and she says sorry I have alot of unread e-mails ... WTF? Seemed to know about my order though but then admitted that she had made a faarkup and sent a gasket to another customer by mistake and is now waiting for it to be returned ... before she can dispatch my order .... TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK.

NOT A GOOD SHOPPING EXPERIENCE.

I think next time I will order from USA.

Offline Scrat

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2016, 08:07:05 am »
Hey..

any spares i need for my 610 and 510 ... i get from Eddy 2 Race.. Awesome service and they keep you updated all the time...

Give them a try next t :thumleft: :thumleft:ime
Call us Crazy!! But what an ADVENTURE!!

Online BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2016, 09:28:51 am »
Hey..

any spares i need for my 610 and 510 ... i get from Eddy 2 Race.. Awesome service and they keep you updated all the time...

Give them a try next t :thumleft: :thumleft:ime

If I order local will definitely try them - just frustrating as I could have had it direct from States months ago. Pussy has just sat on it ... literally.  >:D

Offline Kykdaar

• Forum Whore
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2016, 02:13:10 pm »
Mailed in an order a few days ago - normally would have got a response from Shanna pretty soon thereafter.
All quiet on the western front ::) If she has left, then they will probably be struggling for a while.

Aarg... :xxbah: but then again it is nearly week-end and I am not in the mood for a fight now. Will tackle it later. Was an order for 2 sets of fork seals.       

Online BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2016, 06:37:25 pm »
Received an e-mail from Kerry Puzey apologising for the stuff-up. Nicolas (who seems to have taken over from Shanna) forwarded my e-mail to him. The assurance now is the missing part will be ordered Monday for delivery by end of the week time will tell. TICK TOCK

Kykdaar -the e-mail address I used for Shanna and Nic now uses is: sales.2@puzey.co.za

Offline chopperpilot

• Afrikaans...Dis my taal! Engels...Dit verstaan ek ook!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • "Jack of all Trades... Master of Some."
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2016, 06:55:24 pm »
Will keep both options in mind!👍

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Current Bikes : KTM 990 R, KTM 500 XCW

End of an Era : Suzuki DR 650 SE, Husqvarna 610 TE