My DRZ before and after pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skipskop

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
A little elbow grease is sometimes all that is required to make an neglected bike look ride-able again. The plastics looked unrepairable at first, but after I sanded out all the starches, it slowly but surely came to life again. I like the matt finish and will leave it like that. The muffler was wrecked by somebody with a brick or a stone used to hammer it in and was U/S, so I first replaced it with a silencer I had lying in the wendy hut for a couple years, but that was so noisy I could not hear myself think what gear I was in  :ricky: . Noisy is naais but not for a whole day, I think the crowd that I did the Kareedow - Baviaans side entry loop with will agree with that, especially Jupiter  :biggrin: , as I was riding behind him all day, and Hotwire, he was behind me :biggrin:
I had bought a set of KTM cans from a DOG in Venters Stad a while ago with the idea of fitting one to the ZEE, and I did that today with verrrry good results  :ricky:
It is a bit heavy and I think I have to move it forward a bit, what do you guys think  ???
I am SOOO happy with the bike, I now have the perfect Garage and can save the 1200GS from the abuse of the trails rides  :ricky:

Attachments

• BEFORE.jpg
    BEFORE.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 334
  • AFTER.jpg
    AFTER.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 330
  • Nooisy muffler.jpg
    Nooisy muffler.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 324
  • KTM Can.jpg
    KTM Can.jpg