E-07 experience on the 1190 in the rain.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2wdrift

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
So the other morning I left for centurion from my house in the rain. As soon as I hit the tar road I switched on all the rider aids and set the drive mode to rain.

On a stretch of road I know very well I was cresting a hill with a slight left hander on the top at around 120km/h. (Not fast enough to "Jump" or even let the bike feel light)
I was in sixth gear in rain mode riding conservatively, as I leaned the bike into the corner ever so slightly I just gave her a bit more power as a car was approaching from behind, it stepped out instantly. The slide was not big but it stepped out very quickly. The TC interfered and probably saved my bacon right there. It came back into line without any fuss and just carried on as per usual.

I did slow right down afterwards for any kind of turn, and to try and relax to let the adrenalin fade back.

So just a word of warning, while the bikes MTC works very well it can not create any more grip once the limit is reached. And the E-07 doesnt like the rain.

Not bashing the tyre, mine has no chicken strips when riding on a dry road and for me it works well on the dirt roads around our farm.

Be careful out there guys.