Cafe racer Build...Honda CX500 1978 (Going to a new home)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabre484

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda NXR 125
So the old girl was collected on the weekend.. (25th of July). She is going to a good home, and I am sure she will come out beautiful one day..

So it seems I have taken the plunge.. Hopefully in the next week the old bird will arrive..

The wife and I went out to have a look at her. Still original and going strong.. For her age that is..On the way home the debate started, Should I leave her as is (aka Restore to original) or should I change her into a one of a kind toy.. Spoke to a few people and it seems doing it yourself is the cheaper option, but maybe not always the easier option. Having it done is quicker and seems to be less of a pain (for me that is) but it comes with a cost. Looking at all the cool parts on the sites listed on this board to make it better is definitely tempting..

One thing I found interesting when you read the build stories here and elsewhere is there is basically no one that will ever tell you what the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) of the end product was.. For those that do this as a living I can understand.. For us backyard guys I think it would be interesting... A Bill of material used why you used x and not y...

So finally went and fetched her.... now for the port and cigar!!!
I guess a build topic will follow soon, and I will be asking for a lot of advise.. I will post pics when she arrives.. (forgot to take some)

So she is now in the market.. I have to indefinitely place the build on hold.. She is still like in the pics so if you are looking for a build let me know and we can discuss..

Attachments

• IMG-20150421-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20150421-WA0000.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 866