Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Kawasaki H2  (Read 12502 times)

Offline Tom van Brits

Re: Kawasaki H2
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2015, 11:59:40 pm »
200mph on the straight and he says if will go better if there is a long enough straight!
Watching the video just shows you the handling, acceleration and beauty of this machine
Wow!

Offline DIRT SKUNK

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • Hit the road open the throttle
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2015, 06:56:18 am »
Hi there 2SD
Congratulation she is a lovely machine  :thumleft: Who bashes Superbikes on this forum? I thought that was left for the noisy lumps of slow? :lol8:
With quick bikes you need a cool head and an educated right wrist.
But there is nothing like it, when you twist the throttle, she takes off and you blood turns to Champaign :biggrin:
the best anti-depressant ever!!!!!!
Enjoy
DS
Ps. especially when dem pipes are screaming like banshee’s behind you
Love is? Tarmac, throttle wide open! and the pipes screeming like banshees
understanding "Madness does not always howl! Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey,  theres room in your head for one more?"
Honda 175XL rode, broke, fixed, then sold ;CB900 Bol'd'Or sold; BMW r100T & CB1100XX Super Blackbird

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2015, 08:18:40 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/guivYwCHk08" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/guivYwCHk08</a>

Insane how much faster a motoGP bike is on the same back straight.

Do you think he liked it? ;D

I expect this is more a technology showcase than a production vehicle to compete against anything else.  Think Bugatti Veyron, where VW lose an obscene amount of money for every one sold.

The technology used - both electronic and from a manufacturing point of view - will find it's way onto other production bikes.  For the lucky few who can afford it, these bikes are something unique to own.  You won't be just another squid on a Panigale or an RSV4.
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2015, 08:55:36 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/guivYwCHk08" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/guivYwCHk08</a>

Insane how much faster a motoGP bike is on the same back straight.

Do you think he liked it? ;D

I expect this is more a technology showcase than a production vehicle to compete against anything else.  Think Bugatti Veyron, where VW lose an obscene amount of money for every one sold.

The technology used - both electronic and from a manufacturing point of view - will find it's way onto other production bikes.  For the lucky few who can afford it, these bikes are something unique to own.  You won't be just another squid on a Panigale or an RSV4.

Agree mate, you could not have said it better
Bugatti Veyron also jumped to my mind!

Offline 2-Stroke

• Forum Vendor
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Britten (all models)
  • The Bike Show
    • The Bike Show
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2015, 04:55:54 pm »
Not pointless to me, and until Superbike magazine test it against it's competitors like they always do all will be revieled.
This bike made lots of people over the world excited and thus far only people with some 'status' and who is judged 'qualified' has had the change to test ride it.
Donovon therefore is probably over the moon - I would have been!
The point in this bike:
1: Super sexy (and nobody keeps any OEM exhaust on any super bike so stop the whining)
2: The real proof that I believe will be in the pudding should be acceleration - correct me if I am wrong Donovan

Although I also like Ducati the Panigale is definitely not the alpha and omega
There is a Wilddog on this forum (unfortunately not me) that owns the Panigale and the BMWRR and prefer the BMW by far

Welldone Kawasaki

You are right – every press release about this bike has spoken of acceleration, not top speed. Not that it's slow on top end. If anything, I'd say it's on par.

Just be careful when you read those comparison tests. I'm not singling out Superbike, because it is the same for all publications that run shoot outs. Often I've looked at one of those where I have ridden all of the bikes on test, seen their conclusion, or "winner", and thought WHAAAAAAT?
The proof is in the South African Bike of the Year, which for the past two years has had a large group of experience journalists, and there was never a clear runaway winner.

Hi there 2SD
Congratulation she is a lovely machine  :thumleft: Who bashes Superbikes on this forum? I thought that was left for the noisy lumps of slow? :lol8:
With quick bikes you need a cool head and an educated right wrist.
But there is nothing like it, when you twist the throttle, she takes off and you blood turns to Champaign :biggrin:
the best anti-depressant ever!!!!!!
Enjoy
DS
Ps. especially when dem pipes are screaming like banshee’s behind you

I'm more 2SDon than Dan, but close enough.  ;)

It was only a small amount of superbike bashing that I saw some time ago, but never let the truth get in the way of a good story.  O0

You're right. No therapy required!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2015, 05:39:45 pm »
This seems to be a well-sorted bike, and hats off to Kawasaki for going for it!

But let's not run away with ourselves and call this new technology, it is not. Perhaps new in mass-production motorcycling, but old hat in cars.

Also, this motorcycle seem to move away from what performance bikes should be about in the hideous amount of extra weight it carries. In the video the tester mentions
how the bike does not keep a fast line in a corner well, due to weight pushing it offline.

OK perhaps it was intended to be a partner to Hayabusa, ZX14, etc.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2015, 06:53:38 pm »
And in the 2Wheels TV program this week, they test the new Yamaha R1. And its track version the R1M. Dave Petersen very impressed ! Oh, and the R1M is road legal

Should be interresting to see the R1M and H2R competing on a short circuit

Sad news is that SA only gets 7 R1Ms. Limited number of 500 will be made
"Riding a motorcycle is technology's closest equivalent to being a cowboy. Our modern horse has two wheels instead of four, but it's nervous system is appropriately rated in horsepower" Robert Edison Fulton jr. From his book "One Man Caravan"

Kawasaki 650 Klein Land Rover
BMW 1150 Groot Seun

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2015, 07:13:10 pm »

But let's not run away with ourselves and call this new technology, it is not. Perhaps new in mass-production motorcycling, but old hat in cars.

I don't run.  Ever.  Especially not away from myself.  I also like short sentences, like: "this new technology is good for us all", rather than: "this new technology, well new technology for mass-production motorcycling, but old hat or cars is good for us all".   I sort of assume that long winded bit in the end is accepted and understood by all.  I wonder if such riders were added when the first bikes go ABS?  Traction control?  On-board computers?  Etc?

Anyway, I think Kawa should have build a blown 600.  They could then have pushed performance to be on par with a 1000 Superbike.  That would have made them the talk of the town, with none of the, Ja, but the R1m, or the Paningale, etc, etc. talk.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2015, 07:33:15 pm »
Good idea (600) but I don't think the intention was to be the fastest superbike although I think it will be without the restrictors
I think the idea was to build the meanest bike on the block, with a reliable supercharged engine and style that will not be mistaken for anything else
Remember they had the supercharged watercraft already
The motor works
The suspention as well
And the style.....wow!!
They have build a masterpiece!!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2015, 08:12:01 pm »
Good idea (600) but I don't think the intention was to be the fastest superbike although I think it will be without the restrictors
I think the idea was to build the meanest bike on the block, with a reliable supercharged engine and style that will not be mistaken for anything else
The motor works
The suspention as well
And the style.....wow!!

You get no argument from me.  It is a "cat amongst the pigeons" bike, for sure.  Once in awhile a bike like this comes along.  It is talked about.  Argued about.  Even fought about.  Never ignored.  A few I can think about, off the cuff, was the Blackbird,  Hyabusa, CBX6,  first Fireblade. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:14:20 pm by AMZ »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2015, 08:24:31 pm »

I don't run.  Ever.  Especially not away from myself.  I also like short sentences, like: "this new technology is good for us all", rather than: "this new technology, well new technology for mass-production motorcycling, but old hat or cars is good for us all".   I sort of assume that long winded bit in the end is accepted and understood by all.  I wonder if such riders were added when the first bikes go ABS?  Traction control?  On-board computers?  Etc?

Anyway, I think Kawa should have build a blown 600.  They could then have pushed performance to be on par with a 1000 Superbike.  That would have made them the talk of the town, with none of the, Ja, but the R1m, or the Paningale, etc, etc. talk.

I simply said it's not new technology. It's not even fairly new.

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2015, 08:29:51 pm »
The motor works
The suspention as well
And the style.....wow!!

You get no argument from me.  It is a "cat amongst the pigeons" bike, for sure.  Once in awhile a bike like this comes along.  It is talked about.  Argued about.  Even fought about.  Never ignored.  A few I can think about, off the cuff, was the Blackbird,  Hyabusa, CBX6,  first Fireblade. 

Wow, now you are talking!! That Blackbird was a bike and a half for it's time!!

Offline wolf skaap

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2015, 09:13:27 am »
Even my gun-crazy friend who's never owned a bike in his life, has been ranting on about the H2R
 ;D
Let the good times roll!

Offline Squeakyboots

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Bark like a dog
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2015, 11:29:50 am »
I had a superbike once. Well two. First was a Yamaha RZ 50 and second one was a Honda CB 750F. :ricky: Max speed on RZ was 125Km/h down Settlers Way in Old Slummies and best out of the 750 was 220 Km/h and i thought i was flying. How times have changed. 299 Km/h must be exhilarating.
I sometimes get confused but i'm not sure now

Offline subie

• Local Mods
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Liberalism is the ideology of Western suicide.
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2015, 12:49:16 pm »
I had a superbike once. Well two. First was a Yamaha RZ 50 and second one was a Honda CB 750F. :ricky: Max speed on RZ was 125Km/h down Settlers Way in Old Slummies and best out of the 750 was 220 Km/h and i thought i was flying. How times have changed. 299 Km/h must be exhilarating.

Ek het die CB900F Honda gehad,standaard sal daai ding met n orkaan van agteraf miskien 220 gesien het op die optimistiese klokke so ek twyfel aan 220 met die 750.
My 900F het great ge-handle maar verder was dit maar n gevrekte bike vir sy tyd.  :ricky:
As time washes by, our footprints are all for naught

Offline Bensien

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2015, 01:03:44 pm »

Ek het die CB900F Honda gehad,standaard sal daai ding met n orkaan van agteraf miskien 220 gesien het op die optimistiese klokke so ek twyfel aan 220 met die 750.
My 900F het great ge-handle maar verder was dit maar n gevrekte bike vir sy tyd.  :ricky:

I had a 750 Honda. Before Arthur Drake breathed his magic on it, it would do 210 on the clock on a very long straight, which was probably a genuine 195. But my highly modified Hayabusa pulled away at top end from a Porsche GT2. According to his GPS, he had maxed out at 324.
Why do things that only happen to stupid people always happen to me?

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2015, 03:15:53 pm »
Eish, maar julle manne ry!
Ek het ook al n paar hoe spoed moments gehad maar sodra ek oor 200km/h gaan kom daar allerhande gedagtes by my spook van 'wat as die tyre kak' ens.
Dan slag ek maar weer af
Ek is baie bly ek het nie so n vinnige bike gehad toe ek jonk was nie, ek sou opgeindig het in saal 7, 9 en 13 in die hospitaal!

Moet se die nuwe bikes se suspensions is so goed dat jy vinnig gewoond raak aan die hoe spoed
Spoed bly maar lekker, dis maar soos om n stout girl te he, maar sy kan jou hard knyp!

Offline DouglasN

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2015, 09:41:36 pm »
Just an update..the first 10 customer H2's are VERY VERY close, if not in the docks, and the first H2R has landed and will be uncrated this week,
-----------------------
Douglas Norval
HAVAL/GWM Fourways

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2015, 09:54:10 pm »
Manufacturers are very close to the maximum they can get out of normally aspirated 4stroke engines.

Only thing left is pressurised systems, like turbo and SC.

Although I really think that any modern 1000cc inline 4 is no slouch. :thumleft:

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2015, 10:40:29 pm »
Just an update..the first 10 customer H2's are VERY VERY close, if not in the docks, and the first H2R has landed and will be uncrated this week,

And aint they lucky people!
you got to post some pics in any case please!