Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Buell is no more  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: Buell is no more
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2015, 07:14:18 am »
sad indeed.............  pic apparently of a bunch of Buell's being thrown...  ???  :'(
that pic was previous time they went tits up..

:laughing4:  skerp boet.....  :biggrin:    ......I always thought it was Moto Guzzi that went tits "up" ...or was it "jugs" up

"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline Boerha

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2015, 08:23:18 am »
What a pity, love the looks

Offline plonker

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2015, 01:18:34 pm »
I've always like them. The fear of not having backup and support after you buy it has always kept me away. (With good reason x 2 now)

A really innovative and unique bike.

I think buy one if you are keen , just don't pay a bomb for it. Maybe check how long Harley will carry Buell spares for and you can always bring in spares from USA. Who knows maybe they will be worth a lot of money in years to come. If you look after it you should have years of happy riding.

Offline Beebop

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2015, 01:30:34 pm »
I've always like them. The fear of not having backup and support after you buy it has always kept me away. (With good reason x 2 now)

A really innovative and unique bike.

I think buy one if you are keen , just don't pay a bomb for it. Maybe check how long Harley will carry Buell spares for and you can always bring in spares from USA. Who knows maybe they will be worth a lot of money in years to come. If you look after it you should have years of happy riding.
As far as I know, HD had to keep Buell spares for 7 years, which is now passed.
My wife wont part with her Buell (XB9SX)for anything, and quite understandably so. OK its not exactly
a high mileage bike, but all its cost in the 10 years we've had it is a battery and a fan. The fan
was working 100%, but kept throwing up an error on the ECU. Once my ship comes in (and it will
eventually), I'll own a Firebolt.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
#33 #BRADICAL!