Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: DRZ ready for my next trip  (Read 696 times)

Offline Skipskop

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • ;-)
DRZ ready for my next trip
« on: April 18, 2015, 06:10:22 pm »
What do you say about the tank-bag on the front of the seat ? I tried it riding around a bit and does not get in my way at all . Spare tubes and tools on the back, not even 2 kg and the wallet, camera ,cellphone sweets and biltong in the tankbag. Whatever can`t fit in there will have to go in the rugsak  :ricky: This is about all I need for my one or 2 day trips . Still have to see how the Air-hawk works on the Zeee. If not, the seat will have to go to Capetown -Flying-Brick for a make over, I really don`t want to damage myself on that seat  :o
I am doing the Kareedow side entry to Dooringkloof-Baviaans on Tuesday, overnighting in the Chalet and coming back through the Baviaan-Patensie on Wednesday.
After doing the correct settings on the shocks, front and back, the bike is an absolute pleasure on the rough stuff, much more plush. I am  looking so forward to this trip, the shocks were set up way to hard when I got the bike and really shook me around a lot with our last trip with Jupiter and co. that way. The back end was kicking up, giving me a shock from my bum up my spine into my head, instant headache.   ??? 
" Of all the things I lost in life, what I miss the most, is my mind"
DRZ 400 E ,1200GS WR450- KLR650 Side-car
Yamaha CV80 Beluga
"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing"
"Old age is not for the inexperienced" "If you haven't grown up by age 50 , you don`t have to"

Online Tom van Brits

Re: DRZ ready for my next trip
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 06:33:30 pm »
My advice is to try it out before leaving on a 2 day trip but it seems you have already done it as you mention bag is not in the way.
I think it is a good setup, although I do not like the idea of riding with a rucksack at all
My approach would have rather been saddle bags (you get small ones with nice compartments these days)
Saddle bags will also not interfere with the handling of the bike and normally if attached correctly keep the center of gravity low down.
What matters though, you are riding your bike and it is a great bike for technical riding!

Offline subie

• Local Mods
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Liberalism is the ideology of Western suicide.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 07:17:37 pm »
Lyk reg. :thumleft:
 Ek sal net die nommerplaat se 2 sykante so effens ombuig sodat hy nie flex en later deurkraak nie.
As time washes by, our footprints are all for naught

Offline Sardine

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • I am not a dude.
    • The Flying Fish
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 12:00:44 pm »
 :drif:
 :ricky: