Thinking of selling my SE and replacing it with a new 690R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rough Rider

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
I hurt my back in June last year and my recovery has not really gone as well as I hoped.

The SE was always a bit tall for me, but I coped alright with this. Now however with my bad back it is a lot harder to hold the bike upright when I come to a stop, especially if the ground falls away or the wind is blowing. I am always weary of further hurting myself in one of these situations, so my confidence is a bit down.

I really love this bike and I am reluctant to sell it, especially considering it has low mileage and I have fitted some nice bling, but I have to start being realistic.

So the question is, how would a new 690R compare to my SE, bearing in mind that the really technical stuff is out of the question for me at the moment (and might always be)? I will be doing a bit of commuting, dirt highway etc.

Don't forget I also a own a very nice, low mileage 610, and would probably sell that too and then just own one new bike (apart from my MX and enduro bikes, but that is another story for another day).

Also don't forget I have owned a first generation 690 before which I loathed with a passion.

Please don't recommend BMW GS', Tigers, XT's etc etc I am not interested in any of these types of bikes.