Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: GS Adventure Hit&Run  (Read 5310 times)

Offline MillionMiles

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
GS Adventure Hit&Run
« on: April 23, 2015, 09:12:20 pm »
I am very sad today. I saw a Biker hit a begger intentionally and run away without any care.

Yesterday I was furious when I got home cause a lady in a car wanted to drive me over - she didn't check her blind spot. Today, while lane splitting I was riding behind a BMW GS Adventure. On the west bound hill of Ystervark toward Malibongwe, a begger was in between lanes doing his business. The biker couldn't wait long enough. He revved the GS probably to warn him, but the begger wasn't moving fast enough - some beggers do move slow. He didn't nudge him, no. He put the left wedged hand guard of a bmw straight into the begger's left lung/shoulder at a ferocious take-off speed. The begger swung back and fell on the car and eventually on the ground like a doll. By this time the GS Adventure was upping revs at 2nd gear...gone! I can only wonder what neighboring motorists thought about BIKERS at that moment. It was shocking, I felt embarrassed like I was the perpetrator. I stopped to render help. He couldn't answer me back. He was in shock and his shoulder hung strangely. Two more bikers rode past while I was checking the chap's level of consciousness. I eventually left cause the car driver was about to attend to him, I still feel bad for leaving.

What I can't get out of my head are these thoughts:
- a man in a R8k Helmet (Araia), R10k BMW rider suit jacket on a GS Adventure, evidently not in want, couldn't spare a begger 10 seconds but rather nearly killed him.
- the biker and begger happen to be of different races. Imagine how many stereotypes grew yet again due to this event with the onlookers?
- are bikers generaly any better behaved than motorists?
- I can't find the difference between this event and that of criminals who brazenly rape and kill farmers and motorist - they all lack respect for life.
- will I be a better biker from tomorrow morning when I head off to work?

If you are reading this post, you who did this loveless heinous act: may you have the full measure of the rewards of your conduct. For your sake, I hope you'll learn when your time comes. And yes, it will.
Today is National Biking Day!

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
Re: GS Adventure Hit&Run
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 09:15:26 pm »
I am becoming just as sick of beggars, both in government and on the street. Most of these okes are just shit lazy. Not all of them, but most.

Offline Gerrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Wiff a Sidecar... form Kabega
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 09:19:04 pm »
I am becoming just as sick of beggars, both in government and on the street. Most of these okes are just shit lazy. Not all of them, but most.

Dan, die thread is nie oor bedelaars nie, dis oor BMW posers wat dink die pad behoort aan hulle. Jy kan maar laat waai  :imaposer:
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !

Offline Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Zero (all models)
  • Braaap!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 09:33:24 pm »
It really is sad to hear that the asshole couldn't at least stop to see if the guy was seriously injured or not.
He probably is the kind of douche-bag that will tell all his mates how the beggar owes him a new handguard because it's damaged.

That poor guy could have broken ribs or a dislocated shoulder?

Sure, I also dislike dodging hawkers, beggars and street jugglers etc but that doesn't make a hit and run any less of a felony.

Please report the guys Numberplate to the Police if you ever see him again, it would be interesting if it was a Wild Dog or not.

Sure this country of ours is in a little bit of a slump, but I'm noticing more and more WD's making racist comments on this forum and it should not be tolerated. Hate speech is hate speech and can be held against you, so think twice before you make such comments on a public forum.
If you had a psychic midget who killed someone, you would have a small medium at large.

Offline Dries Bike

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 09:33:48 pm »
Aaag f@k hier Gaan ons alweer

Offline StuartC

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 09:41:36 pm »
Thats a hit and run,, did you get his reg?
Life is too short to ride a Honda

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 09:49:32 pm »

Dan, die thread is nie oor bedelaars nie, dis oor BMW posers wat dink die pad behoort aan hulle. Jy kan maar laat waai  :imaposer:

Ek het misverstaan..... :pot:

Offline Sprocketbek

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 09:58:47 pm »
The beggar shouldn't have been there.

There should be signs not to feed them.
KTM 990 Adv
KTM 640 Adv
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots." - Umberto Eco, 2012

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 10:30:12 pm »

Dan, die thread is nie oor bedelaars nie, dis oor BMW posers wat dink die pad behoort aan hulle. Jy kan maar laat waai  :imaposer:

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

Don't condone the actions of the person above, have always ridden around them myself, but is it not illegal to be inbetween the cars at traffic lights?

Where are the days when newspaper sellers scrambled to the pavement before the lights turned green. Now sellers and beggars just stand there and tempt fate or even dare motorists.
Waiting for the day when I change lanes before a traffic light for some reason just to find some poor soul standing in the way.

Would it not bring down hijackings and smash and grabs if there are less happening at intersections and people become more vigilant of others moving inbetween vehicles.
Is this not something police should attend to instead of sitting under a tree with his speedtrap or at the onramp with the e-toll asses.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 10:30:43 pm by Sláinte Mhaith »

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 10:34:16 pm »
So the unforgivable crime here was the beggar didn't get out the way immeadiaty so it's justified to seriously injure him?  Of course the beggar can just claim on his medical aide?

All I can hope is karma comes to this party!

I don't like beggars anymore than anyone else but I'm very aware that any one of a million reasons could place me in the same position as that beggar one day.

Anyone who deliberately takes advantage of their privledged position to hurt the down and out deserves everything that they hopefully one day get!

And then he still rides away?  

What a man!  
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 10:49:31 pm »
So the unforgivable crime here was the beggar didn't get out the way immeadiaty so it's justified to seriously injure him?  Of course the beggar can just claim on his medical aide?
Anyone who deliberately takes advantage of their privledged position to hurt the down and out deserves everything that they hopefully one day get!

Settle down now.  The biker's intentional action against the beggar is unforgivable. But I have seen many a biker act wrong towards people at the traffic lights. Often see bikers kicking at them. Can just imagine how often it happens to the traffic light people and what their feelings towards bikers must be. Have to ask the question why the bikers react that way? I think the same biker might even be more compassionate towards others in need than myself but why do they act like that at traffic lights.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 08:13:48 am by Sláinte Mhaith »

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 11:09:05 pm »
 :sip:

Offline 2wdrift

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 12:05:30 am »
The act as told here is very much wrong, I would go as far as to say the rider deserves to have a nice hard crash sometime in the near future.

But we do not know what the whole story is regarding whether or not there was some kind of history between the rider and the beggar...

Not defending the rider, just saying we should look further than surface level.

XR650R the one and only
Calling upon my years of experience, I froze at the controls.  ~Stirling Moss

Don't worry my stutter is also bilingual...

Offline Xpat

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 12:21:09 am »

Settle down now.  The intentional action against the biker is unforgivable. But I have seen many a biker act wrong towards people at the traffic lights. Often see bikers kicking at them. Can just imagine how often it happens to the traffic light people and what their feelings towards bikers must be. Have to ask the question why the bikers react that way? I think the same biker might even be more compassionate towards others in need than myself but why do they act like that at traffic lights.

What intentional action against biker? You do not seem to make any sense.

Offline Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Zero (all models)
  • Braaap!
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 12:59:38 am »
Guys, Guys, Guys.

Removing all emotion out of this story, the GS rider hit a PEDESTRIAN.
He then proceeded to leaving the scene of an accident.

That is a crime. Hit and RUN!

Witnesses should come forward and bring this coward to justice.
Imagine that were your son or daughter who innocently crossed the road, doesn't matter what financial status the guy had, he was badly injured yet the biker drive off.

Why must everything become a racial issue, we can become so blind to the objective facts, personal opinions do not count when the law has been broken.

Hope you feel really good about yourself Mr "Hit and Run"
One day a car will hit you and then run and then what?

Rant over.
If you had a psychic midget who killed someone, you would have a small medium at large.

Offline Geriatrix

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 04:05:33 am »
MillionMiles, go to your police station and give a report.
In theory there is a lot more that you could or should do, but in reality nothing more that you can do.

It is interesting how many users of this Forum whine about crime, and condone it when a biker is the criminal.
Clinicians can contact the clinicians' hotline number on 0800 111 131 (for doctors only); and, in addition to 0800 029 999, the public can also contact the public hotline number on 0800 111 132. These lines all operate 24 hours a day.

Offline luv2ride

• Strand brak
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Strand brak
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 04:47:22 am »
This is just plain criminal, shame on you Mr proes straat pretoria biker :knob: I trust and hope karma or the law will sort you out
S1000Xr- Sold R1200R -Sold
BMW F800GS - sold, Honda NC700X -Sold; BMW1150GSA -sold
BMW F650 twin - sold
BMW F800ST - in bike heaven Kawasaki KLR 650 - sold Kawasaki ER6F -sold Yamaha FZ6 - sold BMW 1200GS - sold BMW 650 Dakar - sold Yamaha XJ750 - stolen Honda MT5 - given away as scrap

Offline Tony the Bony

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • what a bony
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 05:13:57 am »
MillionMiles, go to your police station and give a report.
In theory there is a lot more that you could or should do, but in reality nothing more that you can do.

It is interesting how many users of this Forum whine about crime, and condone it when a biker is the criminal.

:thumleft:
Ex Tony Varadero....don't have a Vara anymore

Offline Eendstop

• Race Dog
  • Too many fools around
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 06:01:52 am »
The rider's version:Just as I was pulling away this guy moved towwrds me.  I swerved and was afraid of an attack.  I did feel a little bump and thought it was him trying to attack me and I was fortunate that he merely managed to just bump against my bike in stead of hitting me off it.  I was scared and rode away as fast as I could.  I am unaware that he was injured,  and if so,  it was self inflicted through his attempted attack on me........ Or something to that effect.

Judge only once you have all the facts,  both side's versions and the truth.  On this version the biker seemingly did not do the right thing.
Thought so, tough behind a keyboard, but no balls.......

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 06:07:49 am »
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 06:31:36 am by AMZ »
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!