Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: GS Adventure Hit&Run  (Read 5304 times)

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
Re: GS Adventure Hit&Run
« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2015, 09:18:00 am »
I can't believe, after all these years, that some guys STILL take the bait that 2SD dangles out there  :eek7:

And when Swannie 685 hangs on Dan's coattails, then even more ou's take the bait  :imaposer:

He's a TROLL guys, stop feeding him  :deal:

You realise why guys like yourself, in spite of little warnings like this, keep on feeding me?  Because, despite you calling me a troll, and accuse me of baiting, I bait with
intelligence, and will often offer argument you cannot refute.

You must find it so frustrating. :pot:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2015, 09:21:21 am »
I can't believe, after all these years, that some guys STILL take the bait that 2SD dangles out there  :eek7:

And when Swannie 685 hangs on Dan's coattails, then even more ou's take the bait  :imaposer:

You realise why guys like yourself, in spite of little warnings like this, keep on feeding me?  Because, despite you calling me a troll, and accuse me of baiting, I bait with

Yip, I agree Dan, you do bait with more quasi-intelligence and semi-sound reasoning than most trolls. You are a trolling-master  :thumleft:  :imaposer:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2015, 09:26:06 am »

Yip, I agree Dan, you do bait with more quasi-intelligence and semi-sound reasoning than most trolls. You are a trolling-master  :thumleft:  :imaposer:

Thank you Sir, you are gracious, I was expecting a snide remark. [ upon which I was going to remark how you cannot help but take the bait. But you countered cleverly] :thumleft:

Offline Geriatrix

« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2015, 09:36:37 am »

Thank you Sir, you are gracious, I was expecting a snide remark. [ upon which I was going to remark how you cannot help but take the bait. But you countered cleverly] :thumleft:

Dan, do you understand what the Law, and Rule of Law are?
Do you understand why laws should be enforced to allow a stable society ( not always a "good" society, but that would depend upon the laws that are in force ) to exist?

Do you, personally, believe that laws must be enforced?
Clinicians can contact the clinicians' hotline number on 0800 111 131 (for doctors only); and, in addition to 0800 029 999, the public can also contact the public hotline number on 0800 111 132. These lines all operate 24 hours a day.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2015, 09:44:17 am »

Dan, do you understand what the Law, and Rule of Law are?
Do you understand why laws should be enforced to allow a stable society ( not always a "good" society, but that would depend upon the laws that are in force ) to exist?

Do you, personally, believe that laws must be enforced?

I absolutely believe in a society where laws are enforced, in a non nanny-state way, iow do not have a lot of "health and safety" type laws.
If only our laws have been enforced, there would have been no beggar in that intersection, and a possibly law-abiding citizen would not have been driven to an extreme act.
If only the SAPS could control violent crime, then drivers would not have to break laws by not stopping at intersections in certain areas at night.

This, Geriatrics, is my problem with these situations, if the enforcers start turning a blind eye to "minor" law-breakers, big crooks take heart at this "soft stance" by enforcers.
Eventually law-abiding citizens have to adapt their take on law to fit in with this negatively changing society. Vicious and inevitable cycle.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2015, 09:45:48 am »

why thank you Sir  :thumleft:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Geriatrix

« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2015, 10:03:10 am »

I absolutely believe in a society where laws are enforced, in a non nanny-state way, iow do not have a lot of "health and safety" type laws.
If only our laws have been enforced, there would have been no beggar in that intersection, and a possibly law-abiding citizen would not have been driven to an extreme act.
If only the SAPS could control violent crime, then drivers would not have to break laws by not stopping at intersections in certain areas at night.

This, Geriatrics, is my problem with these situations, if the enforcers start turning a blind eye to "minor" law-breakers, big crooks take heart at this "soft stance" by enforcers.
Eventually law-abiding citizens have to adapt their take on law to fit in with this negatively changing society. Vicious and inevitable cycle.

I could not have said this better.
It means that we are in total agreement about enforcing the Law ( even if it means waking the investigating officer up at times ).
That is why the biker has to be found and charged, with the Court deciding whether he is a criminal or not.
Hit and run is a serious crime, and correctly carries severe penalties for those who do it.
Bikers are at particular risk and should be demanding that all occurrences are properly investigated and the perpetrators charged.

The equally important need to arrest and charge pedestrians who crowd intersections is not part of this thread. If anyone wants to start a new thread about this I would agree that they should face the Law since they do endanger all of us.
Clinicians can contact the clinicians' hotline number on 0800 111 131 (for doctors only); and, in addition to 0800 029 999, the public can also contact the public hotline number on 0800 111 132. These lines all operate 24 hours a day.

Offline Sprocketbek

« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2015, 10:05:00 am »
I think the beggar watched too much soccer lately, he was most likely not that badly hurt.

:pot:
KTM 990 Adv
KTM 640 Adv
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots." - Umberto Eco, 2012

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2015, 10:09:56 am »
 :laughing4: :laughing4:

Geriatrics, yes, I will concede that I actually do believe that the rider should be brought to book, and that he should have stopped at the scene. My believe is however so skewed
by how our laws are interpreted and applied, like anyone else, that nothing is black and white anymore.[for as much as everything seems to be black and white currently :imaposer:]

The rider must be brought to book, but only because he was on a GS. :peepwall: :peepwall: :pot: :pot: :lol8:

Offline dirtyXT

Re:
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2015, 10:31:49 am »
Long weekend later and you lot are still bitching about the twatwaffle who hit the stupid begger!!! They are both special although the gs rider is extra special cause he has more choices. And one of them was to buy a GS.
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - sold

Offline badseed

• Ride the adventure
  • Race Dog
  • KTM 990S, KTM690R , Vespa 200GT
    • www.wildwood.capetown
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2015, 01:43:35 pm »
If the cops arrest every beggar at the traffic lights over the next 48 hours and charge them then I'll own up to flattening this one. But I won't admit to riding a GS.
Owner WildWood Motorcycle Tours South Africa

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2015, 02:09:17 pm »
If the cops arrest every beggar at the traffic lights over the next 48 hours and charge them then I'll own up to flattening this one. But I won't admit to riding a GS.

Even the cops won't blame you for the last omission. :imaposer:

Offline ALLEN I

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2015, 02:21:36 pm »
 :peepwall:
Biking since the age of 11 nothing beats the freedom when u out there on u baby. Been doing it over 40 years now  (that's life)
Born a Biker, Live like a Biker, Die a Biker

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2015, 06:43:45 pm »

I sort of see him as devil's advocate in most cases.  This usually makes for more interesting,  albeit more heated discussions most of the time.   Maybe I am. just stupid?
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline IanTheTooth

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
  • The past is a foreign country
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2015, 07:44:32 pm »
I have to go with 2 stroke. I always drive straight at them, I can't help myself. Drives my wife nuts!
The dog that caught the car. What now?