Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: GS Adventure Hit&Run  (Read 5306 times)

Offline Coala

Re: GS Adventure Hit&Run
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 07:14:17 am »
aangesien niemand dit wil se nie sal ek maar: die ou op die ADV is n twatwaffle. Ja die mense is deesdae all over die intersections en jy moet wragtig versigtig ry om nie iemand te stamp nie.  Maar om nou moetswillig iemand te gaan omry is nou eenmal net fokken af.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 07:20:31 am »
aangesien niemand dit wil se nie sal ek maar: die ou op die ADV is n twatwaffle. Ja die mense is deesdae all over die intersections en jy moet wragtig versigtig ry om nie iemand te stamp nie.  Maar om nou moetswillig iemand te gaan omry is nou eenmal net fokken af.

Inderdaad.
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 07:22:59 am »
No, no, no, the rider did not hit a pedestrian, he hit a jaywalker, a jaywalker posing a serious threat to all motorcyclist, being present in a position on a public road
unlawfully, and without special permission.
This same poor beggar could come stepping out from behind a minibus, into your path while you lanesplit, causing damage to both you and your bike.

It is just another reflection on our traffic police's ineptitude and failure to perform their duty that people are allowed to illegally occupy space on a busy street! :xxbah:

If the law cannot do it, perhaps it is up to us to convince these people to keep roads clear for traffic.

If the beggar did not break the law, the biker could not harm him.

Offline BennNevis

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2015, 07:23:09 am »
Might sound heartless but Wtf Is this guy doing in the road? Obstructing traffic flow?
I had an simmilar incident with one of these guys walking between cars, not sure what his next move is going to be or if he has seen me, i bilped the throttle
He appeared to move out of the way just to mock charge me as I came closer
It almost caught me out. He thought is moerse funny
I would have laid hands on hom,If i had the oppertunity..

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2015, 07:27:54 am »
When you are involved in an accident,  regardless of whether you are the guilty party,  or not,  you stop.   This is not rocket science.   Brave enough to knock a guy down?  Be brave enough to stop.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 07:29:18 am by AMZ »
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline Ganjora

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Drug War Veteran
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2015, 07:31:12 am »
have hit 3 or 4 jaywalkers so far,  obviously none on purpose.
i bet every one of them will look left,  right and left again before crossing the street.

Offline jog t/a

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2015, 07:36:11 am »
Simpel voel ek nou nadat ek agv kat geval het.
CTX 200 to 700 T/Alp

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2015, 07:37:11 am »
When you are involved in an accident,  regardless of whether you are the guilty party,  or not,  you stop.   This is not rocket science.   Brave enough to knock a guy down?  Be brave enough to stop.

Not that simple. You are now guilty of "knocking down a pedestrian", and this is a serious charge. BUT it is not a pedestrian, it is permanent fixture standing on a centre line in
traffic ILLEGALLY!
But will the authorities see him as having been there illegally, admitting that they turn a blind eye to a potentially dangerous situation?
Come on guys, there is an allegation that the GS ride hit him intentionally, is this a proven fact?

Even if it is, will any of you go stand in moving traffic all day, then be surprised if a vehicle hits you?? We get taught that roads are dangerous, even to just cross them
we were taught a sequence of events to perform. NOW TO STAND STILL IN THAT VERY ROAD????

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2015, 07:38:21 am »
Simpel voel ek nou nadat ek agv kat geval het.

Kat, rondloperhond, beggar, it should not be in the road.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2015, 07:40:45 am »
About the allegation that this guy crashed into the beggar on purpose, for a motorcyclist to do this is a fine line of risk, and actually need very good riding skills.

Highly risky.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2015, 07:40:58 am »

Not that simple. You are now guilty of "knocking down a pedestrian", and this is a serious charge. BUT it is not a pedestrian, it is permanent fixture standing on a centre line in
traffic ILLEGALLY!
But will the authorities see him as having been there illegally, admitting that they turn a blind eye to a potentially dangerous situation?
Come on guys, there is an allegation that the GS ride hit him intentionally, is this a proven fact?

Even if it is, will any of you go stand in moving traffic all day, then be surprised if a vehicle hits you?? We get taught that roads are dangerous, even to just cross them
we were taught a sequence of events to perform. NOW TO STAND STILL IN THAT VERY ROAD????

Let me rephrase.

You are involved in a collision (accidental or allegedly on purpose) ,  you stop.  This is not rocket science and it is exactly that simple.   
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2015, 07:51:14 am »
Maybe the beggar is lucky that the rider didn't stop.

If the rider was that pissed off that he rode into him, he might have parked the bike and finished the job with his boot  :peepwall:  :pot:

Karma will sort this twat out, if you live by the sword you will die by it.  :deal:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2015, 08:04:06 am »
Cyclist gets wished death upon them, for just riding on public roads, yet people can stand anywhere on the same road?

Double standards........

Offline Ryderod

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2015, 08:05:32 am »
MillionMiles, go to your police station and give a report.

:3some:
Dirty by nature!

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2015, 08:13:00 am »
So the unforgivable crime here was the beggar didn't get out the way immeadiaty so it's justified to seriously injure him?  Of course the beggar can just claim on his medical aide?
Anyone who deliberately takes advantage of their privledged position to hurt the down and out deserves everything that they hopefully one day get!

Settle down now.  The intentional action against the biker is unforgivable. But I have seen many a biker act wrong towards people at the traffic lights. Often see bikers kicking at them. Can just imagine how often it happens to the traffic light people and what their feelings towards bikers must be. Have to ask the question why the bikers react that way? I think the same biker might even be more compassionate towards others in need than myself but why do they act like that at traffic lights.

What intentional action against biker? You do not seem to make any sense.

Sorry, biker's intentional action against the beggar.
Fixed above.

Offline BFG

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Ride- crash-fix-repeat
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2015, 08:23:51 am »
A couple of months ago had an incident where I hit a beggar at a very busy intersection. The dumbshit walked out into the road, I swerved but caught him with the left side of my bike. He spent a few days in hospital and it cost me close to 5k to repair my bike.
I am not condoning what the biker did but I will not judge him without know the whole story.
In saying that the beggars have become a real nuisance at the lights and pose a major safety hazard. They don't give a rat's ass about the cars/bikes/buses, they can get aggressive towards drivers if they don't get money and should be removed from the streets.

Offline Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Zero (all models)
  • Braaap!
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2015, 08:49:48 am »
Consequences of a Hit and Run Accident
It's never a good idea to flee the scene of a car accident. Here's why:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/consequences-hit-run-accident.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hit_and_run
If you had a psychic midget who killed someone, you would have a small medium at large.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2015, 09:01:53 am »
Cyclist gets wished death upon them, for just riding on public roads, yet people can stand anywhere on the same road?

Double standards........

Indeed.  It is what people are about these days.  Imagine the howling in indignation if a cage took a bike out and didn't stop.  We even run up 60 page threads because a biker fell all by himself and no one stopped to help.  But then, these days we have bikers and gods who ride bikes.  These gods can do no wrong.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:05:08 am by AMZ »
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Zero (all models)
  • Braaap!
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2015, 09:07:23 am »
Finally. Someone who makes sense.

Dude, I think we share the same opinion, but sadly it seems people have become inhumane, due to their own personal experiences and agenda's.
I honestly feel that racist remarks are not welcome on this forum, and I will report all such comments to the mods with the aim of keeping this site hate speech free.

A human being was hit by a mechanical bull, a big fat one I might add.

Whoever was in the wrong, have the decency to stop, call an ambulance, check if you can assist in any way before you leave the scene of an accident.
It could've been a traffic cop, imagine the consequences then!

Think before you flame racist remarks guys. Your posts will be deleted as fast as you write them.

Double standards........

Indeed.  It is what people are about these days.  Imagine the howling in indignation if a cage took a bike out and didn't stop.  We even run up 60 page threads because a biker fell all by himself and no one stopped to help. 
If you had a psychic midget who killed someone, you would have a small medium at large.

Offline ButchH

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Ми тебе тиснути
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2015, 09:28:03 am »
Hit him in the lung/shoulder  .......... with a GS ... ??? and now all of you mirror kickers want to hang the guy  ???
GSA 1150
XL 250
GS 1200