GS Adventure Hit&Run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MillionMiles

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I am very sad today. I saw a Biker hit a begger intentionally and run away without any care.

Yesterday I was furious when I got home cause a lady in a car wanted to drive me over - she didn't check her blind spot. Today, while lane splitting I was riding behind a BMW GS Adventure. On the west bound hill of Ystervark toward Malibongwe, a begger was in between lanes doing his business. The biker couldn't wait long enough. He revved the GS probably to warn him, but the begger wasn't moving fast enough - some beggers do move slow. He didn't nudge him, no. He put the left wedged hand guard of a bmw straight into the begger's left lung/shoulder at a ferocious take-off speed. The begger swung back and fell on the car and eventually on the ground like a doll. By this time the GS Adventure was upping revs at 2nd gear...gone! I can only wonder what neighboring motorists thought about BIKERS at that moment. It was shocking, I felt embarrassed like I was the perpetrator. I stopped to render help. He couldn't answer me back. He was in shock and his shoulder hung strangely. Two more bikers rode past while I was checking the chap's level of consciousness. I eventually left cause the car driver was about to attend to him, I still feel bad for leaving.

What I can't get out of my head are these thoughts:
- a man in a R8k Helmet (Araia), R10k BMW rider suit jacket on a GS Adventure, evidently not in want, couldn't spare a begger 10 seconds but rather nearly killed him.
- the biker and begger happen to be of different races. Imagine how many stereotypes grew yet again due to this event with the onlookers?
- are bikers generaly any better behaved than motorists?
- I can't find the difference between this event and that of criminals who brazenly rape and kill farmers and motorist - they all lack respect for life.
- will I be a better biker from tomorrow morning when I head off to work?

If you are reading this post, you who did this loveless heinous act: may you have the full measure of the rewards of your conduct. For your sake, I hope you'll learn when your time comes. And yes, it will.