YES IT DID !!! Will my 1984 Honda Dakar make it to the EC-Bash... and back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody1

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
So since I have no more riding partners.... that can keep up with me.... here in Brakpan I decided to take the old lady to the EC Bash.

Actually that is not true.  I have the Baviaans Side Entry on my bucket list and Jupiter suggested I leave the battleship at home and use the 600 Honda.
Last year the plan was to put the bikes (Sweisies XT 600 and my Honda XL 600) on a trailer and go down close to Steytlerville.  Do Baviaans and then trailer back to Gauteng after the weekend.

Well Sweisie my son and best riding partner got married and left me alone to go to the BEST bash in SA.

To do a stress relieve session from work I decided to make this a little trip again and took 2 weeks to just ride and ride.
I like riding in May... cold but mostly dry just like I like it.

So here are the plans.... it changes every now and then, but roughly it will be:

Leaving Brakpan on Friday morning 1 May
See how the weather holds and do as much dirt as possible  via Villiers Vrede Verkykerskop and MAYBE drop in at Draad in Geluksburg.... if he answers my mails, watsup and calls sometime.

Saturday 2 May travel the dirt roads via Lotheni road past Himeville and planning to sleep at Stonybrook just outside Kokstad...  Thanks Visarend for the help.  Tel Amelia I will skip the dam as I cannot get hold of them on any of the numbers.

Sunday 3 May Kokstad to Barkley East via Naudes Nek pass.  Planning to sleep at Balloch Country farm or something like this.  Not confirmed. Might be Rhodes or even Barkley East it self.... who knows where the roads leads me.

Monday 4 May from wherever I slept near Barkley East going down to Kei River.  Over the Pont then sleeping in East London..... This could be a LONG DAY.

Tuesday 5 May East London to maybe Cookhouse.... maybe TweTwe have a Boesman hut available for rent... and some leftover food from the 1st of May party.   :imaposer:

Wednesday 6 May from Cookhouse area to PE.  Sleeping at Jupiters place.... Thanks Jup.  :thumleft:

Thursday 7 May.  Ride with Jupiter to Steitlerville I believe.  Camp next to the river and eating VARKNEK under the stars.

Friday 8 May.  Going into the Baviaans via the side entry.. Groenriviers pass or something.... I am just going with.

Sat 9 May.  Enjou the Best Bash in the Country.... Just chill and chat.

Sunday 10 May.... I think the planning is to leave the EC Bash via the other side EXIT... Kareedouw.
Once I am left by myself I will work my way towards George  via the 7 passes route.

Monday 11 May.... Start making my way back towards Gauteng.
Where and how I will get there is not planned at the moment.... will not go past Dorsland as I do not want to rub his sore knee.   :peepwall:

Sometime on this return trip I have an invite from another friendly Wild Dog to visit his farm near Venterdstad direction Burgersdorp.

Let's see how it goes  :ricky: