Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Enduro Pro mode! What is it?  (Read 7048 times)

Offline OomD

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
Re: Enduro Pro mode! What is it?
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2015, 01:38:32 pm »
Enduro Pro does not have direct throttle response, (the computer will adjust for best performance on dirt) and has ABS and TC tuned for dirt.

Dynamic has direct throttle response and with ABS and TC switched off it all depends on your skill.

Ahhhh....

So enduro pro is not the most hooligan setting available then? Vark steaks. Dunno if I even want to try the other option.

It makes no sense for them the withhold enduro pro mode without the dongle, but yet you have more aggresive riding settings available then anyway?

Offline TheBear

• Stalin was 'n sissy.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2015, 01:45:20 pm »

It makes no sense for them the withhold enduro pro mode without the dongle, but yet you have more aggresive riding settings available then anyway?

Maybe because Enduro Pro is supposed to be used with knobblies only?

There are, imho, no hooligan modes.  There are modes to do a specific job and on a GS, none of those are HOOLIGAN. 

#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline OomD

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2015, 01:50:38 pm »
Yes they say that, and not wanting to fight BMW or you here, just wondering out loud... if Enduro pro is  supposed to be used with knobblies then surely the same applies to dynamic mode with traction control and ABS turned off?

Forgetting the word "hooligan", what I was trying to say is that enduro pro mode does not unlock the most agressive mode (let's call it that), if a more aggressive riding mode is obtained by twiddling other settings without the dongle.

I do know that, with the dongle, your suspension choices for each mode is remembered, and also traction and abs settings even after turning off ignition. Maybe that is the bigger reason for the dongle then?

There are, imho, no hooligan modes.  There are modes to do a specific job and on a GS, none of those are HOOLIGAN.  
Quite right, only hooligan riders  :ricky: Maybe we should call it "hooligan enabling mode"?  :biggrin:

Edit: spelling.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:51:31 pm by OomD »

Offline TheBear

• Stalin was 'n sissy.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2015, 02:03:05 pm »
Yes they say that, and not wanting to fight BMW or you here, just wondering out loud... if Enduro pro is  supposed to be used with knobblies then surely the same applies to dynamic mode with traction control and ABS turned off?

I would think Dynamic Mode is for on road riding, so no knobblies involved.

The various modes, with other manual override options, I reckon, was meant to give the rider many different options.  To each his own I suppose.  I personally can find no reason why a rider would want to use dynamic mode on dirt.  

There are, imho, no hooligan modes.  There are modes to do a specific job and on a GS, none of those are HOOLIGAN.  
Quite right, only hooligan riders  :ricky: Maybe we should call it "hooligan enabling mode"?  :biggrin:

Edit: spelling.

True.  To true.   :ricky:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 02:06:14 pm by AMZ »
#33 #BRADICAL!