Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Enduro Pro mode! What is it?  (Read 7116 times)

Offline TheBear

• Time for a free lunch! *buuurpp*
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
Re: Enduro Pro mode! What is it?
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2015, 07:07:29 am »
I never fettle in brand-specific threads, but I could not let this juicy morsel pass by.......

So BMW got this enduro thing the wrong way around? Cannot say I'm surprised.

Some bikes have different setting, electronically adjustable, for example if you want to go fast, you can power-up, not go into "Enduro-mode" [pro or regular]
If you want to similate enduro conditions, then adjust the power to take the bite out of the delivery, for improved traction.

Ai, ai, toggie. :imaposer:

Nee man.   Jy verstaan net so verkeerd soos die meeste BMW ryers,  as ek die saak so kyk.

Nee wat, geen hare van my tande af nie, jy weet mos BMW verstaan die konsep van "enduro" verkeerd. "Enduro" krag is 300KTM krag, nie 250YZ-2stroke kraglewering nie.
Enduro is minder wild, meer bruikbare krag.
Op die BMW is enduro meer wild, met minder bruikbare krag.
En selfs pro's wat Ertzberg wen gebruik enduro krag, nie YZ krag nie.

Ek los nou die bike specific thread, wou net reghelp, dat BMW ryers die konsep agter "enduro" sal verstaan.

Vriendelike groete.

Is reg so.  Ken jou nie as iemand wat regtig wil weet nie.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Frannarossi

• Vendor
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • karoorooster@gmail.com
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2015, 07:49:23 am »
My doner,ek sien lankal die rooi pluggie onder die seat maar weet toe nie wat hy voor is nie en ignore hom....nou moet my werk net minder raak dat ek daai enduro pro mode kan gaan voel opi grondpad :thumleft:
If you don't live on the edge,you take up too much space!!!

Offline OomD

• #imstayingpositive
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2015, 07:51:09 am »
Wat 'n teleurstelling dat mens nou nie eens in die bike-spesifieke threads iets van waarde kan lees sonder om andere se stront eers te moet probeer vermy nie.  :xxbah:

Offline Draadwerk

• Forum Whore
  • My job? Just something I do between rides....
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2015, 07:59:29 am »
Please - stop stirring on this thread gents - let's keep it a bike specific thread !!!

Offline Manic

• CE
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2015, 10:38:51 am »
My doner,ek sien lankal die rooi pluggie onder die seat maar weet toe nie wat hy voor is nie en ignore hom....nou moet my werk net minder raak dat ek daai enduro pro mode kan gaan voel opi grondpad :thumleft:

Jy sien hom en vra niks?

Jy gedink dis n spare fuse?  :laughing4:

Ek sou hom al op showroom vloer ingepluk het  :thumleft:
1250 HP GSA
H2 Supercharged
990 SM

Offline Rafiki

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2015, 12:07:55 pm »
Please - stop stirring on this thread gents - let's keep it a bike specific thread !!!

:thumleft:  :thumleft:  :thumleft:

Offline BikerJan

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2015, 12:26:01 pm »
I use Enduro Pro whenever I go onto gravel roads. I am no riding god, but like the automatic set up of the bike when enduro pro is selected. The biggest advantages for me is the fact that the ABS is deactivated on the rear wheel, but is still active on the front, as well as the fact that the ABS is specifically programmed for gravel roads. I do not find the throttle response to be too sensitive.

I have used enudor pro with TKS 80's, Karoo 3's as well as Anakee's, without any scary moments. But then again I ride like an old man  :ricky:

Offline OomD

• #imstayingpositive
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2015, 01:24:39 pm »
I use Enduro Pro whenever I go onto gravel roads. I am no riding god, but like the automatic set up of the bike when enduro pro is selected. The biggest advantages for me is the fact that the ABS is deactivated on the rear wheel, but is still active on the front, as well as the fact that the ABS is specifically programmed for gravel roads. I do not find the throttle response to be too sensitive.

I have used enudor pro with TKS 80's, Karoo 3's as well as Anakee's, without any scary moments. But then again I ride like an old man  :ricky:
You make me want to use it now... I forgot about the ABS stuff. But isn't that the same as disabling the ABS? And also, while tractio control is optimised for enduro/offroad, is there still an amount of traction control? For example, what happens if you select enduro pro mode ánd you disable traction control? More hooligan?

Offline Draadwerk

• Forum Whore
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2015, 01:31:59 pm »
Yes, and what does enduro pro do in reality that is different to enduro? On paper there seems to be only a difference as far as traction control is concerned, but not ABS. Is that right?

Offline 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2015, 01:52:12 pm »

I'll respect this.

Offline TheBear

• Time for a free lunch! *buuurpp*
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2015, 01:59:18 pm »

I saw it as educating.  Ah well.  I will refrain.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline BikerJan

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2015, 02:07:32 pm »
Yes, and what does enduro pro do in reality that is different to enduro? On paper there seems to be only a difference as far as traction control is concerned, but not ABS. Is that right?

No, in Enduro mode, ABS is active on the front and rear wheels, with traction control activated, set for gravel roads. In Enduro Pro mode, Traction control is off, and ABS on the rear wheel is de activated, whilst still activated on the front wheel.

Throttle response is more sensitive in Enduro Pro, with more aggressive power, the suspension settings are also changed.

Offline BikerJan

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2015, 02:11:15 pm »

You make me want to use it now... I forgot about the ABS stuff. But isn't that the same as disabling the ABS? And also, while tractio control is optimised for enduro/offroad, is there still an amount of traction control? For example, what happens if you select enduro pro mode ánd you disable traction control? More hooligan?

If ABS is de activated the ABS is off at the front and back, whilst the ABS on only the back wheel is de activated in Enduro Pro mode, as far as I know. I have not experienced any traction control in Enduro Pro yet. Back tyre is free to spin to your hearts content.

Offline Draadwerk

• Forum Whore
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2015, 03:07:35 pm »
So, what exactly does traction control do for you on gravel?

Is that not the real question then and where the real difference is between the two modes?

Offline Jughead

• Old rail tunnel, Cradock.
  • Forum Whore
  • Port Elizabeth
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2015, 03:27:59 pm »

Is that not the real question then and where the real difference is between the two modes?

Nothing, beside making you fall over.

Traction control cuts the motor, so when riding technical terrain and you encounter a steepish rocky uphill, where you will inevitably get a bit of wheel spin, traction control will kill the power just when you need it most.

Have seen a number of guyz come short like this.

Here is one ...  He tried to climb one of the steps on Katberg pass.  Rear wheel got a bit of wheelspin, traction control cut the power and he had nowhere to put his feet down.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 03:30:39 pm by Jughead »
I came here to drink milk and kick arse!  And i've just finished my milk.
http://www.dsmc.co.za        http://www.triumphowners.com/to-car/mkiii/
Supplier of Ticket to the Moon Hammocks   http://www.ticketothemoon.com             

Offline Frannarossi

• Vendor
  • karoorooster@gmail.com
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2015, 04:18:48 pm »

Jy sien hom en vra niks?

Ek het die bike mos tweedehands gekoop en ja nogals gedink dis 'n spaar fuse of iets.Nooit gekyk of gevra nie.Ek het altyd gedink die Enduro Pro mode is net vir die GSA's :lamer:
If you don't live on the edge,you take up too much space!!!

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2015, 04:22:49 pm »

Jy sien hom en vra niks?

Ek het die bike mos tweedehands gekoop en ja nogals gedink dis 'n spaar fuse of iets.Nooit gekyk of gevra nie.Ek het altyd gedink die Enduro Pro mode is net vir die GSA's :lamer:

Spare tampon holder?  ::)
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701 Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline T Rex

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2015, 04:39:19 pm »

With regards to traction control and the two modes ......

In enduro it allows limited wheelspin , but cuts in if it gets exessive . You can drift but it will cut in if its goes out of control. It will also not wheelie. Very much like the "S"  setting on the air cooled GSA .

In enduro pro the traction control is switched of .....

Simple as that.

In normal Road mode the traction control cuts in very early ..... Will frustrate you on dirt.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 04:40:07 pm by T Rex »

Offline T Rex

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2015, 04:43:09 pm »

Nothing, beside making you fall over.

Traction control cuts the motor, so when riding technical terrain and you encounter a steepish rocky uphill, where you will inevitably get a bit of wheel spin, traction control will kill the power just when you need it most.

Have seen a number of guyz come short like this.

Here is one ...  He tried to climb one of the steps on Katberg pass.  Rear wheel got a bit of wheelspin, traction control cut the power and he had nowhere to put his feet down.

That is why , even on the aircooled bikes , you had the option to switch it off completely , or "S" , which allowed limited wheelspin.

Offline Draadwerk

• Forum Whore
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2015, 04:44:10 pm »
OK, so is this accurate - unless you are a riding god, use enduro mode. But, even though you are no riding god, use enduro pro when doing technical stuff at slower speeds where you need to have power at all times?

Or, another way, if not a riding god and when doing technical stuff where you need power all the time- enduro mode and switch off traction control???