Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Roof of Africa 2015  (Read 26675 times)

Offline White Rhino

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Save the White Rhino
Re: Roof of Africa 2015
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2015, 02:58:46 am »
Entered and paid for Bronze Roof in December! Eish, Amageza and Roof of Africa in one year, I don't know why I do this to myself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cause you can :peepwall:

Good luck with both. I'll be at the Roof - will look out for you  :thumleft: :thumleft:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy
Nothing clears the head like a throttle twisted and the fresh air on the tip of the nose

Beta 300RR, KTM500, KTM990 Adv, HPN635, 1200GS LC

Offline Jayman

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • In Doubt go FLAT out!
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2015, 04:18:37 pm »
Any updates or news on ROA

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2015, 04:26:48 pm »
 :sip:
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline CycleC

« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2015, 11:05:55 am »
Posted on Website, Twitter, Facebook and email shot  :o

Roof of Africa 2015 September Newsletter

So, it is only three months to go…..
From your side, we hope you are training hard and staying focussed on your goal – to finish the Roof of Africa. Whatever class you have entered, you have challenged yourself to an incredible challenge of your own ability and we wish you Good luck!
 On the organising side, things have been going quietly ahead. The last few months we have been out most weekends looking for new links and passes and we are now 90% done and now just need to put it all together and finalise the logistics like distances, fuel points, service and spectator points. This is never an easy exercise in Lesotho to try and keep everybody happy!
 Obviously we are not going to tell you the route, but what we can tell you is that it will be a shorter, more compact route, but just as demanding as the Roof always dictates! We will tell you that the Start and Finish will, following on last year’s success, be at Ha Patrick. This area was hugely popular as it provided easy access, ample space and parking for everybody as well as a spectacular finish line.
 What’s new this year? Well, not a lot; the last two years saw Extreme Off Road Promotions introduce all sorts of new innovations such as the transponder scoring system and the satellite tracking system to bring the Roof of Africa to the forefront in standards expected of International extreme enduro events. These innovations were hugely successful and contributed greatly to the smoother and safer running of the event and we will continue with these.
 Last year the tracking system was un tested and we were hesitant to make too big a deal about making the tracking available to the public, however it was a great success and all spectators, service crews and fans will this year be able to follow competitors via their cell phones or tablets from anywhere in the world via the Yellow Brick App. Having said that, there is nothing like experiencing the Roof live as a spectator and with the December date, we hope that many families turn out to be part of this event.

Last year the Round the Houses was changed significantly, by taking the event in to the Maseru Soccer Club “Arena” This really worked well in terms of creating a real spectacle along with the enormously popular FMX show. We will be sticking by this winning formula.
 In a bid to showcase the event and the riders, technical inspection has been scheduled for Gold Class competitors. This will be held on Wednesday afternoon in one of Maseru’s popular and busy Shopping Malls and will give the general public a chance to mingle with their heroes and get autographs signed. The technical inspection will be kept to the minimum and will be pretty much confined to a decal check and recording of frame and engine numbers. Press and Media Interviews will take place at the same venue and we are confident that this will be a popular event with the teams, competitors, spectators and general public alike.

Offline Jayman

• Pack Dog
  • In Doubt go FLAT out!
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2015, 03:43:54 pm »
Thanks CycleC

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2015, 07:28:52 pm »
:thumleft:

Thread is now Stickied!  :ricky:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 07:29:17 pm by BlueBull2007 »
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline onderbroek

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • not a GLOBAL MODERATOR
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2015, 01:50:15 pm »
sub
hak vrystaat

Offline DREWMARX

« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2015, 09:02:01 am »
Chaps,

This thread is now going to become abused! Time is running out and running out fast for Roof prep. I will try and write a nice report on what we are doing and how, we don't care about sharing information but encourage it, this in order to make it more accessible to those dreaming about this event, and more accessible to those who don't think they'll ever take part or travel to the event as a spectator. Christini SA will try and let you in behind the ropes as best we can.

Look out for more posts.

Kind Regards

Drew
The Christini AWD Advantage!

Offline DREWMARX

« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2015, 09:04:17 am »
 Shocked

Yes boys and girls, we need volunteers for Roof. Team Christini has four riders for the 2015 Roof of Africa and we are in need of the following volunteers:
2 x Non-mechanically retarded or 2 x Mecahnically gifted individuals
Must be willing to spectate and have fun and enjoy roof with the rest of our supporters and emotional support team
Must be willing to accept transport to and from Roof, may of course use their own vehicles, and must be willing to live in our SWEET camp and braai and laugh with us in camp at Melengaone Lodge
Must be willing to sweat and bleed with us, cry with us, laugh with us, listen to our kak stories about the day and how our bikes suffered and how we suffered
Must be willing to accept food and some promo clothing as remuneration, we may also let you ride the bikes after the event on an outride

Most importantly:
Must be willing to get up early and stay up late, we will be up before the crack of dawn to double check our bikes for the days trials and tribulations
Must be willing and able to service a 2 smoke as well as a 4 stroke race bike, at 20:00 in the evenings under a cars' headlights
Must be willing and able to change tyres with Mousses in them
Must be willing to travel with our Support Team captain to Roof Refuelling spots as well as to certain key spectator spots where we may run out of fuel

If this is something you are keen to be involved in, let me know. We will be at Melengaone lodge from the 29th of November up to the 6th or 7th of December, the official race dates are from the 2nd to the 5th of December. If you do accept this role then you can either join the team from the 29th or travel on your own to meet up with us no later than the 1st of December and be required to stay for the duration of the event.

Please send CV's and expressions of interest to andrew@christini.co.za

The Four Riders(3 Confirmed) are:
Ryan Wagener RSA GOLD
Andrew Marx RSA SILVER
Lane Simonson USA SILVER
Dylan Barker RSA GOLD Dylan TBC this week

Kind Regards

DREW@CHRISTINI

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2015, 10:20:19 am »
As I have probably mentioned and some may know my youngest son Josh did his first Roof last year having just turned 16 - was a dream of his and he worked hard for it. He rode Bronze and was placed second on Day 2 and eventually got a 6th place as times are accumulative and his time trial was a bit off the pace. Nevertheless it saw him get a trophy and he was stoked.  ;D

This year he has entered Silver and is very focussed and fit - just returned 10 days ago from Lesotho Enduro World training which had some drama with him losing a clutch and spending 14 hours in the mountains … some on the saddle of a horse!!  :biggrin: He then fell ill with tick-bite-fever and missed The Impi - but he is now on the mend.

Anyway he has a sportsperson Facebook page - please visit and like if you feel inclined and support him on his road to the 2015 Roof and hopefully a Silver finish. Thanks guys.  :thumleft:

https://www.facebook.com/Josh-Thorburn-1481397478767502/
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 04:23:13 pm by BiG DoM »
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2015, 11:18:05 am »
I'm not on Facebook, so I wish him all the best here - gonna make you proud  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 11:18:31 am by Cracker »
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2015, 11:50:03 am »
I'm not on Facebook, so I wish him all the best here - gonna make you proud  :thumleft:

Thanks mate - will also update here as the training and countdown continues.  :thumleft:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline MartV

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2015, 02:02:51 pm »
 :sip: will be at the roof in full support for all the riders, good luck.
We hire a quantum and 10 of us go on a boys weekend, we all ride, some have done bronze but like I say to friends and family that ask me if I'm going to do it,,,, just because you enjoy running doesn't mean you want to run the Comrads. :lol8:
KTM 990 07
Husaburg 12
Have been
Husky 450 06
Husky 450 04 Cr 250 98 WR 250 93 IT 250 82 Happiest when on two wheels

Offline Jayman

• Pack Dog
  • In Doubt go FLAT out!
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2015, 03:54:35 pm »
Best of luck and congrats on Last years Bronze finish.  Keep us posted on his progress  towards the Roof.
I had some bad luck at last years silver- must say its a big step-up from bronze to silver.

Good luck small Big Dom. We will support you all the way

Offline White Rhino

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Save the White Rhino
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2015, 03:56:13 pm »
Good un BD - will look out for him - well done on raising such a promising rascal. We will be there this year to cheer the crazies on.
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy
Nothing clears the head like a throttle twisted and the fresh air on the tip of the nose

Beta 300RR, KTM500, KTM990 Adv, HPN635, 1200GS LC

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2015, 01:02:51 pm »
5 WEEKS
5 DAYS
23 HOURS
18 MINUTES
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 01:03:50 pm by BiG DoM »

Offline Jayman

• Pack Dog
  • In Doubt go FLAT out!
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2015, 07:08:36 am »
Amper Roof tyd.
Die manne wat ry begin seker al nagmerries kry.

Offline weskus

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Vrek gewerk!!
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2015, 07:28:28 am »
Wat is die presiese datums van Roof??
Vorige scooters : Suzuki TS 185, Honda CD 200, Suzuki PE 250, Kawasaki Z650, Yamaha 495 IT, Kawasaki KLX 300, BMW F 650 GS Dakar, BMW F 800 GS, KDX200, KTM300, Suzuki GSXR1000, Honda CD200, KTM 1290 Superduke (stukkend geval) tans KTM 990 Adv - toer,  KTM 300 XCW- funrides,Honda Z50 Monkeybike(projek), Honda ST70 Dax, Honda CX500 Custom - bar toe..

Offline DREWMARX

« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2015, 09:53:42 am »
225 December 2015

That is from the 2nd to the 5th of December.

Kind Regards

Drew

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2015, 03:37:28 pm »
 :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: