The Drol hits the road at last.........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casting from Turd

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Well here goes.

Day one.
I left home after a rather restless night due to over excitment. I have been  looking forward to this trip for such a long long time.

As I was leaving home the mist rolled in and made me think it was an amanous sign, however as I got over Olifantskop Pass it was clear skies all the way.
The Days Route.
Addo to Paterson then left on the N10. Filled up in cookhouse and after a quick coffee and a smoke break hit the road again. I stopped in cradock at my favorite shop, Biltong and Braai!!!!! for droe wor and carbanosi.

Hit the road and went as far as Hofmeyer where I hd a Kuduburger on a roosterkoek for brunch.
The it was straight onto steynsberg and straight through to Burgersdorp. This is where Cheryl and myself spent our first night on honeymoon waybck on the 15th september 1986. i even got a pic of the rooms window from the street. Shit i cried like a baby in myhelmet.

filled up the Wradrol in burgersdorp and hit the road hard. I wanted to get to lesotho and tiffie quikly. The next stop wasjust outside Wepner for a quick water, droewors and smoke break.
Got to Ladybrand, filled the drol and headed into Lesotho along the A5, Tiffies road.

Here atlast ad what a welcome. if ihad let him and if i hadnt thrown the threats of a poesklap tiffie would have kissed me!!!

What  a  treat this country is. peacefull and folk are so friendly. Tomorrow I explore with snotty and lets see what the world has to offer.

Attachments

• Drol Sticker Coochouse.jpg
    Drol Sticker Coochouse.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 954
  • Hofmeyer breakfast.jpg
    Hofmeyer breakfast.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 974
  • Burgerdorp Hotel.jpg
    Burgerdorp Hotel.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 957
  • Outside Wepener Drol Sticker.jpg
    Outside Wepener Drol Sticker.jpg