Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: " ONS GAAN NOU RY ". EC-Bash and beyond  (Read 10951 times)

Offline woody1

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
" ONS GAAN NOU RY ". EC-Bash and beyond
« on: May 15, 2015, 10:16:28 am »
Sal maar die RR in daai VREEMDE taal doen anders kla die mense wat nie my taal wil of kan leer nie.  So verskoon maar as my GRAMMAR nie lekker is nie  :imaposer:

I will do this RR in English so no WB comments please.  

I do it so that Takanobu Ito President & Chief Executive Officer of Honda or the Honda South African CEO might pick up on this story and take this amazing 31 year old Honda XL - 600 that took all of my abuse over 4015 km and put it into a museum. I will accept a new Transalp as soon as it is released in South Africa to go and test it on the same route. :imaposer:

So it all started with one of my Bucketlist items.  I want to ride Grootrivierspoort some day. Since the best bash in the country is in that area I planned to do it during the EC - Bash time.

So I was told not to do it on my S-10 as the chaps know how I like to live in comfort and really load a bike to its max.

Plans were put together to use the XL-600 and do the Grootrivier poort entry to the Bash. We would have been a few including Jupiter the leader, Dorsland, my son Sweisie on his XT 600 and myself.

Dorsland had to pull out because of a knee operation.  My son decided to get married, so it left me and Jupiter to go and ride... because we love to ride.   :ricky: :ricky:

Now I believe that only a broken bike is transported on a trailer, so I decided to make it a MY holiday and asked the boss at home if I could take off 2 weeks to go and ride.

Understanding as she is always she agreed as long as I take a couple of pictures of old farm houses that she could paint.  So it was settled.

I love to ride in May as I find it to be the best time with the least amount of rain expected. I love the fresh morning and the perfect day temperatures.

As I am not a great writer, you okes will have some pictures and a little comment to keep the RR on track.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 01:50:26 pm by woody1 »

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • WAT KYK JY
Re: "NOU GAAN ONS RY". EC-Bash and beyond
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 10:22:35 am »
You writes sommer pretty man... gooi !  :biggrin:
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

…, I wish I could own them all, and until I can afford to own them all at once, I will own them one at a time... 

Offline TWE-TWE

• Local Mods
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • If you can dream it,you can do it.......
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 10:24:38 am »

wow oom Woody1....jou Engels is beter as myne..... :imaposer:
How we walk with the broken,speaks louder than how we sit with the great

Offline Wooly Bugger

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Buell Ulysses XB12
  • DILLIGAF?
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 10:28:17 am »
Sal maar die RR in daai VREEMDE taal doen anders kla die mense wat nie my taal wil of kan leer nie.  So verskoon maar as my GRAMMAR nie lekker is nie  :imaposer:

I will do this RR in English so no WB comments please.  

I do it so that Takanobu Ito President & Chief Executive Officer of Honda or the Honda South African CEO might pick up on this story and take this amazing 31 year old Honda XL - 600 that took all of my abuse over 4015 km and put it into a museum. I will accept a new Transalp as soon as it is released in South Africa to go and test it on the same route. :imaposer:

So it all started with one of my Bucketlist items.  I want to ride Grootrivierspoort some day. Since the best bash in the country is in that area I planned to do it during the EC - Bash time.

So I was told not to do it on my S-10 as the chaps know how I like to live in comfort and really load a bike to its max.

Plans were put together to use the XL-600 and do the Grootrivier poort entry to the Bash. We would have been a few including Jupiter the leader, Dorsland, my son Sweisie on his XT 600 and myself.

Dorsland had to pull out because of a knee operation.  My son decided to get married, so it left me and Jupiter to go and ride... because we love to ride.   :ricky: :ricky:

Now I believe that only a broken bike is transported on a trailer, so I decided to make it a MY holiday and asked the boss at home if I could take off 2 weeks to go and ride.

Understanding as she is always she agreed as long as I take a couple of pictures of old farm houses that she could paint.  So it was settled.

I love to ride in May as I find it to be the best time with the least amount of rain expected. I love the fresh morning and the perfect day temperatures.

As I am not a great writer, you okes will have some pictures and a little comment to keep the RR on track.

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 10:31:13 am »
I can like to ride along  :peepwall:
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline woody1

• Forum Whore
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 10:31:58 am »
I left Friday morning 1st of May destination Geluksburg to sleep at Draads place.

Other side of Heidelberg I got onto the first dirt.  When I got to Villiers and stopped at the single lane bridge I could hear some superbikes being revved to max.  Must have been a stupid RALLY of some sorts happening there.

From Villiers the roads took me on the Standerton road past Cornelia and eventually I arrived in Vrede for a nice breakfast.
The road before Harrismith was not really nice to ride, but I would later find out that the roads in the Transkei is the worst.  :imaposer:

Lots of mist on the section near Cornelia, but because I am on holiday and have 2 weeks to ride at a leasurly pace, I did mind it at all.

It is a complete mind change riding my S-10 and now on a small 600 cc bike that is happy to be ridden at 4500 rpm giving me a top speed of about 100 km/h.

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline Wooly Bugger

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Buell Ulysses XB12
  • DILLIGAF?
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 10:36:14 am »
Jakkals?

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 10:38:20 am »
Woody teen 4500 rpm moet daai 600 sekerlik 110 km/h cruise? Myne het en ook my 600 Tenere.
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Offshore

Offline Joupa

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Lank lank gelede
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 10:42:29 am »
Dis dan n ou foto die. Hehe.  Ekke hy ry saam.  Gooi n bieki van jou dronk hollands ook hier.
Al die opdraendes topgaer af

Offline Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • WAT KYK JY
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 10:43:12 am »
Woody teen 4500 rpm moet daai 600 sekerlik 110 km/h cruise? Myne het en ook my 600 Tenere.

Ek moes in vierde ry om by te bly  :lol8:
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

…, I wish I could own them all, and until I can afford to own them all at once, I will own them one at a time... 

Offline woody1

• Forum Whore
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 10:44:57 am »
Julle sien wat kry 'n Jakkalas as hy met my sukkel  :imaposer:

Nee Chris op die GPS is daai 4500 so 93 km/h true GPS speed.  Seker maar die tande van my ratte wat ek op het.

Offline woody1

• Forum Whore
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 10:48:19 am »

Ek moes in vierde ry om by te bly  :lol8:

Ek het gesien daai lang bene ROEI so daar anderkant Klip Hotel.  :ricky:

Julle sal maar geduldig moet wees.  Ek gaan nou eers dorp toe om daai speedo gear te gaan optel en te hoor of hulle vir my side covers kon kry.  As ek nie daar regkom nie dan sal ek plan B gebruik.

Offline Noneking

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 10:50:36 am »
Dink ons is by jou verby van agter tussen Underberg en Swartberg??
2006 HP2 Enduro 1229
2019 KTM 790 R

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0

Offline woody1

• Forum Whore
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 10:52:15 am »
Daai klomp BMW's ?  3 of so dink ek.... net een het gegroet.  :imaposer:

Offline Noneking

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 10:57:36 am »
Daai klomp BMW's ?  3 of so dink ek.... net een het gegroet.  :imaposer:

2x 1200GSA's en 1 x Ducati.......
Ek was voor en is die een wat gegroet het..... O0
2006 HP2 Enduro 1229
2019 KTM 790 R

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0

Offline woody1

• Forum Whore
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 10:58:20 am »
 :imaposer:

Offline woody1

• Forum Whore
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2015, 11:07:31 am »
From Harrismith I took the road to Geluksburg.
Never being there or knew of the history of the place.

Draad tell me that they have a HEL type kloof there as well where the people stayed out of sight and out of trouble.
BUT !!!!!!!!! the government of the time picked up that the inbreeding in such a closed community is a concern and moved the people from this valley and settled them on a piece of land that became Geluksburg.

Geluksburg has nothing, but still it exists.  Draad rides around in his 4 wheel buggy to buy beer at the local shop / shebeen.
Then rides around the corner and stops at a house. The lady is the 'LOCAL' butcher.  Cold room and all in the backyard. Buy some steaks and wors.
Milk from another 'HOUSE' and so it carries on.
Lekker RUSTIG op Geluksburg.
I had a wonderful time thanks Draad and thank your wife as well for putting me up for the night.
I had my Zamalek and tried to suck it through a dry wors straw... but it did not work.  :imaposer:

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 11:08:01 am by woody1 »

Offline woody1

• Forum Whore
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 11:15:13 am »
Day 2 took me all along the Lesotho border on the KZN side.
Through the Kamberg part to Himeville where I had a quiche and salad...... must be the clean air and dirt roads that make me do things like this.
I saw Twe- Twes pink ladies along the road as well..  :peepwall:

Planned to sleep just outside Kokstad, but when I got there everything was locked up and closed.  Cell number on the reception door, but no cell reception, so I hit the road again and found a place to sleep in Matatiele.

Offline Offshore

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 11:21:51 am »
 :eek7: Trek daai Spotlight nie die Motor dood nie?
( Does that Spotlight not pull the Motor dead?)