" ONS GAAN NOU RY ". EC-Bash and beyond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody1

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Sal maar die RR in daai VREEMDE taal doen anders kla die mense wat nie my taal wil of kan leer nie.  So verskoon maar as my GRAMMAR nie lekker is nie  :imaposer:

I will do this RR in English so no WB comments please.  

I do it so that Takanobu Ito President & Chief Executive Officer of Honda or the Honda South African CEO might pick up on this story and take this amazing 31 year old Honda XL - 600 that took all of my abuse over 4015 km and put it into a museum. I will accept a new Transalp as soon as it is released in South Africa to go and test it on the same route. :imaposer:

So it all started with one of my Bucketlist items.  I want to ride Grootrivierspoort some day. Since the best bash in the country is in that area I planned to do it during the EC - Bash time.

So I was told not to do it on my S-10 as the chaps know how I like to live in comfort and really load a bike to its max.

Plans were put together to use the XL-600 and do the Grootrivier poort entry to the Bash. We would have been a few including Jupiter the leader, Dorsland, my son Sweisie on his XT 600 and myself.

Dorsland had to pull out because of a knee operation.  My son decided to get married, so it left me and Jupiter to go and ride... because we love to ride.   :ricky: :ricky:

Now I believe that only a broken bike is transported on a trailer, so I decided to make it a MY holiday and asked the boss at home if I could take off 2 weeks to go and ride.

Understanding as she is always she agreed as long as I take a couple of pictures of old farm houses that she could paint.  So it was settled.

I love to ride in May as I find it to be the best time with the least amount of rain expected. I love the fresh morning and the perfect day temperatures.

As I am not a great writer, you okes will have some pictures and a little comment to keep the RR on track.