Securing stuff on the back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reg

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
Greetings

I saw a post regarding a net for the securing things on the back of the bike? Are they any good and if so, where do I get one?

On the way to work this morning my Tog bag fell of the bike, unfortunately, I had secured the carry handles, so when it slipped off the side, it hung next to the bag wheel, rubbing away merrily.

Well need I say more, the bag is FU##ED, the bits inside followed the same fate.

2x Aviation maps - Holes burnt through them.
All my Navigation equipment. - Slightly damaged
My Navigation notes - Top of the book Burnt.
Navigation Ruler. - Melted beyond recognition. 1M worn down to approx 300mm and all bucked and bent.
Guess jeans. - A good wash might save them.
Hein Gericke Rain Suit (Bought in Germany)- Holes and tears on the legs, sleeves, chest.

Fortunately nothing fell out ??? Notebook PSU, Mouse, Glasses.

The tyre has a few scuff marks on it and the rim has some plastic melted on the side, but there is no permanent damage. (The plastic comes off in long strings.)

This has happened to me before, but I felt the bag slip off the side of the bike, so I stopped in time.

Besides the obvious risk factor of the bag getting stuck in the back wheel, I AM PISSED.

Suggestions at this stage would be welcome, besides the obvious of a Top Box.

Oh, by the way, the bike is awesome. 220KM already.