Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Issues with paying for fuel in Namibia!  (Read 2553 times)

Offline Tony the Boney

• Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Threw away the key and locked the door
Re: Issues with paying for fuel in Namibia!
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2015, 07:49:57 am »
already has. My son went to Henties in March/April oblivious of this ruling. I asked him earlier this week whether he had any grief trying to buy fuel with a card and he said that there were some garages that wanted cash. I told him the story and suddenly it made sense to him. Fortunately, he grew up with us going to Nam every year and we always had cash for fuel because there was a 50/50 chance of the line being down when you tried to pay with a card. He had about R5k with him cause his silly 4.0lt V6 Hilux has a long range tank and takes about R1500 to fill.  :eek7:  

If he always tales cash anyway, incase the lines are down, why is an issue to take cash because of these new "regulations"?

The problem is that the banks are getting greedier and greedier.  You get the convenience of using the card, the bank pockets the interest, yet the poor service station owner must pay for the transaction!  Take that Hilux.  R1500 to fill.  Garage owner forks out between R75 and R120 for your convenience.  I can see how Nambian garage owners would object.  Don't crap on them.  Crap on the greedy banks!

totally agree......not the garage owners fault
The older I get, the earlier it gets late