Please HELP!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katools 11

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hi there,

I'm new to the Forum. Really enjoying it immensely!

I have a question surely asked by plenty.

I'm looking at purchasing an adventure bike. Really spending time looking at the right bike for me.

I am stuck between three options here!

Option 1 - KTM 990
Option 2 - BMW F800GS
Option 3 - Triumph Tiger XC 800

I have driven the KTM and the BMW. Both great bikes but boy the KTM has the power and I am 90% set on the bike. Main concern is that I am a bit short for the bike and only weighs in at about 75kg. I am also worried about the repair cost and service cost of the KTM?

I enjoyed the BMW but made the mistake of driving it before I drove the KTM! Speaking to family and other riders they all claim the BMW a much better option?

Looking at the price range of 85-90k the value for money tends to lie with the BMW or the Triumph. Being newer models and less Km's.

I am residing in the gauteng area and therefore driving on tar is obviously my first option, but the purpose of the bike is to go touring and gravel roads will become a familiar place for the machine.

Could you share your experiences with me and help me choose the best option for my obvious obsession with these beautiful machines.

Thank you kindly