Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Danger !!!!!! Capies take note !  (Read 1738 times)

Offline JohanGPS

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
Re: Danger !!!!!! Capies take note !
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 04:00:57 pm »
Lito, you just made me see the light...I know why I like my yellow GS..it reminds me of my days in a Casper...
The scary thing is..I am like you...I refuse to live in fear.....sooner or later...and I double tap if i get the oppertunaty..it is just the way I am taught..for 24 years combat shooting. But anyway we must just change to condition orange when we enter places like that...no more condition green..in nature and all is cool.
Wewant to be good to these people, I alwyas take sweeties for the little snotnose kids, but I begin to think in the line of antrax.
I agree hit the leader and they scatter...never show fear...
This country suffers from cANCcer. If we don't have it cut out it will be terminal.

Offline Lito

• BANNED TROLL
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • BANNED TROLL
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 04:02:51 pm »
Goose, I am all in.  I know this could lead to some serious shit later on as it could be seen as vigilantism (sp), so maybe we should talk in private.

Please - every man who is keen to see some justice done, please put your name here and then I will co ordinate pms.

Thank you. Please add what your favourite insect repellant is.

Offline JohanGPS

• Pack Dog
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 04:03:56 pm »
PM me...will not bring GS but  LandCruiser.
Will invite the attacked boys along, so they show us "around"
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 04:19:43 pm by JohanGPS »
This country suffers from cANCcer. If we don't have it cut out it will be terminal.

Offline Lito

• BANNED TROLL
  • Race Dog
  • BANNED TROLL
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2008, 05:18:01 pm »
Sounds good. Lets swop vehicles so that they dont smell a rat.

I hope everyone is packing something that rhymes with lock.

Tx. I will wait for more responses and let you know Johan. It was nice to meet you there at Doodles on Sunday.

Offline JohanGPS

• Pack Dog
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 06:07:59 pm »
Yip likewise, the beers was also good.
Will see what the responce is from the WD's

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 06:20:31 pm »
 ;D ORGANISE!!!

Anyone got an old gas-mask...  >:D ... i happen to have some of "Dr death's-seriously-strong-pepper-traangas" shit that was banned..... we could connect it to said gas-mask and get the perp to wear it.... surely he'll be "crying" with laughter then....

Lito mate - I have reached the point where I just don't give a damn what other think. Someone dief'd my Rayban's yesterday... fell off my face from the blerrie bakkie window. I stopped, jumped out and ran towards it lying in the road... Taxi stopped, floppie jumped....... rode off wif my glasses!  >:(

So I want my own back.....  :P
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline Lito

• BANNED TROLL
  • Race Dog
  • BANNED TROLL
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 06:50:19 pm »
You know what is the other side here lads.

They could get retaliatory like us. I guess its a standoff. I am still dead keen to do something, but I am thinking of ramifications. Torture might not be the best option! (although I am kinda keen too hehe bastards)

I am still dead in. Nothing is going to change my mind. But I want to think things through a bit. Wat se julle?

I am also happy to walk into that squatter camp by myself, in just a pair of shorts if thats necessary (so that they see I am unarmed), and go speak to the leader there and give fair warning. hell, I'll even ride my bike into the squatter camp. Gn saak with that. It would be nice to have backup within shouting distance, armed backup if necessary.

Thats my choice, and I am keen. You ou's let me know about any better plans.

Oppad

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 06:57:32 pm »
Guys

This talk is getting dangerous and in the event of anything happening it may even set the forum up for some legal liabilities. We cannot condone plans like this or for that matter anything illegal on a public forum, as moerig as many of us are about crime. Remember the Trojan Horse incident in the Cape in the eighties. it has come back to haunt many of those who were involved.

Thanks

Jan

Offline Lito

• BANNED TROLL
  • Race Dog
  • BANNED TROLL
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 08:41:00 pm »
Guys

This talk is getting dangerous and in the event of anything happening it may even set the forum up for some legal liabilities. We cannot condone plans like this or for that matter anything illegal on a public forum, as moerig as many of us are about crime. Remember the Trojan Horse incident in the Cape in the eighties. it has come back to haunt many of those who were involved.

Thanks

Jan

Hey Jan,

I hear you bro. Its an entirely legitimate request.

Tell me what happened with the trojan horse thing in the 80's? I wasnt there....

Thanks G

Offline Stev0

• Bikeloos...
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • dot dot dot
    • Adventure Magazine
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 09:07:38 pm »
ill bring the hummer ... ....  tire rond om die lyf en die N7 kan lank raak.

seriously now... this is not on. 

sad to hear man

Oppad

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 09:09:53 pm »

Tell me what happened with the trojan horse thing in the 80's? I wasnt there....

No prob.  Here's a link that provides a short summary:

http://www.info.gov.za/speeches/1997/04300x80497.htm

Offline Lito

• BANNED TROLL
  • Race Dog
  • BANNED TROLL
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2008, 08:21:21 am »
I had a thought while in the shower this morning and no it wasnt about Pamela Anderson.

Theres a LOT of bikers who use that area. A LOT. 85% of them are plastic bike owners, who have

a) moerig loud exhausts
b) have little regard for the squatters living in the area
c) ride FULL blast through their "neighbourhood" at ungodly hours in the mornings and late at night.

I know. Cos the farkers come past my place with their non going bikes and are high on adrenaline after a fast sand ride and make window shaking noise with their open exhausts. I have run across the road in the way of these CHOPheads and had more than one altercation. Its not great.

The police are useless and overburdened, so lets think a bit.

How about I petition the local motorbike stores (all brands) to put up a well and simply written document doing the following:

a) warning about the current scenario
b) asking for help
c) asking them to be at least a little thoughtful about riding past these people.

The help part - I am thinking that its easy prey when theres one or two whiteys (never seen a coloured/indian/black guy on a bike ever in this area offroad), and about 98374847billion squatters with not much better to do than try and rip you off.  But the scenario changes if we managed (hopeful thinking) to bring 100 okes and we all park there, walk into the squatter camp and have a chat with them. If we were able to do that, word would spread and the show of UNIFIED strength might be enough to make at least an impression.

We could make a blanket apology for the idiots (of which some will be present), we can demand that they dont attack (or consequences) and we can make a nice initiative and maybe do something that would warm their hearts towards us. Whatever that may be.

And then we leave.

As the old union motto says: An attack on one of us, is an attack on all of us. (loosely transcribed). If we stand together, its better than a few of us going out with blazes and glory. (I remember the old AWB okes who got shot to death in election days. I was also there when the guys doing township duty in the Katorus (Katlehong/Vosloorus/Thokoza) area had their heads looped off by barb wire. I also had this happen to a riding connection, who bears the scars. Apparently 0.5mm to the left/right - and his jugular would have been severed completely. As it was he was in mortal danger when it happened to him.

So its a bit of thinking, and Pamela never came near my thoughts I swear. Let me know your thinking. 8)

shark_za

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2008, 08:27:26 am »
You are assuming a hell of a lot.

Just because they are squatters does not mean they are criminals.
How do you know they came from the informal settlement?

Does not sound like a community angry with bikers or 4x4's , more like some criminals robbing easy victims.

Offline Jacko

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (all models)
  • "Don't be a hater, yo." Riaan Cruywagen
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2008, 09:55:32 am »
You are assuming a hell of a lot.

How do you know they came from the informal settlement?

Does not sound like a community angry with bikers or 4x4's , more like some criminals robbing easy victims.

Because, ahem, there is no-one else around... it is in a bush, in the middle of nowhere.

That's "how he knowns." Ask anyone who's ridden there.

Any other clever questions? ::)
"The test of a man is not the forum nor the field; not the marketplace nor the amen corner, but at his own fireside. There he lays aside his mask, and you may judge whether he be imp or angel, king or cur, hero or humbug." -  William Cowper Brann

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2008, 10:04:44 am »
Best suggestion is to organise a sports kit donation event by bikers to the locals - that way we contribute and get some 'protection' or at least good will from the locals - if its insiders, they'll sort them out, if its outsiders - they'll keep them out?

Ask Red and the gang up north - such an event creates a lot of goodwill.

The carrot will always beat the stick in these situations - but if faced with shit as mentioned, only thing better than a S&W is a few S&Ws  ;D

Good luck with this, must agree with Oppad though - we can't allow the planning of 'private wars' on this forum.  I had a family member involved in the Trojan Horse incident.  Basically the police hide in a truck set-up to attract stone throwing attention, then let rip on them with guns - can't do these kinds of 'traps'.

H

Offline Jacko

• Grey hound
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2008, 10:05:58 am »
Best suggestion is to organise a sports kit donation event by bikers to the locals - that way we contribute and get some 'protection' or at least good will from the locals - if its insiders, they'll sort them out, if its outsiders - they'll keep them out?

Ask Red and the gang up north - such an event creates a lot of goodwill.

The carrot will always beat the stick in these situations - but if faced with shit as mentioned, only thing better than a S&W is a few S&Ws  ;D

Good luck with this, must agree with Oppad though - we can't allow the planning of 'private wars' on this forum.  I had a family member involved in the Trojan Horse incident.  Basically the police hide in a truck set-up to attract stone throwing attention, then let rip on them with guns - can't do these kinds of 'traps'.

H

Clever man.

+10000
"The test of a man is not the forum nor the field; not the marketplace nor the amen corner, but at his own fireside. There he lays aside his mask, and you may judge whether he be imp or angel, king or cur, hero or humbug." -  William Cowper Brann

shark_za

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2008, 10:06:58 am »
You don't live there and yet go there. Maybe they were just visiting?

Do you knowns for sure? Spelling out of the Topbike dictionary again?

Must we buy you guys some t-shirts?
Then you don't need to go in there in your underpants.

Like I said, not all the squatters are criminals, you think the "leader" will have an answer to you?
If it was the youth, a general problem you have a point, assuming they are all criminals or involved is silly.

Offline Jacko

• Grey hound
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2008, 10:08:32 am »
You don't live there and yet go there. Maybe they were just visiting?

Do you knowns for sure? Spelling out of the Topbike dictionary again?

Must we buy you guys some t-shirts?
Then you don't need to go in there in your underpants.

Like I said, not all the squatters are criminals, you think the "leader" will have an answer to you?
If it was the youth, a general problem you have a point, assuming they are all criminals or involved is silly.

Shark, instead of trying to impress people with your "logic" and "intelligence," why don't you impress us with your moderation skills?

shark_za

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2008, 10:23:37 am »
I agreed to leave it up too Oppad. I try not to be a moderator in the threads I am debating in anymore.

When I setup the exact thing Kilroy referred to above it was not done out of anger but rather friendship to the people in the area we ride. The case he mentions is the area north of De Wildt where the big rock is.

The people living in these settlements are not all criminals, they are just as affected as you are. Taking the "I'll walk there in my underpants showing I'm unarmed" is like something out of a western, a very bad one at that. It shows total lack of understanding and fear. Maybe you Capies are different but thats not the case up here.
These are people, go there, talk to them, find a person in a leadership role and he will tell you crime is a problem for them too.
Go there and accuse them of being criminals is not going to help at all.

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2008, 10:29:55 am »
If there's not settlement around - my idea may not work either.  Riding in a settlement's 'area' with the blessing of the leaders will provide 'protection'.  If its just in the middle of the bush - who will monitor and protect.

Just more positive and better goodwill to go the theory Y instead of theory X route imho. 

Some good ideas to a real problem - plse don't make this a cock fight

H