Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Danger !!!!!! Capies take note !  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: Danger !!!!!! Capies take note !
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2008, 10:40:52 am »
Guys, guys, guys..... this forum has in fact served it's purpose and nobody has even realised it!  ???

This thread started with HUGE anger and animosity.... peeps were able to vent the steam with words, and basically the forum was used to "bounce" anger and retalliation ideas around.....
BUT this is normal for all humans... the difference is that here... we discussed and punished the keyboard - instead of going out there and getting physical.
Comments were made... ideas were thrown about and now everything has settled down and the debate started as to how to prevent future incidents and maybe have some community involvement.

THAT's why this forum is so important chaps!

Whether it's fighting, religion, racism, girls... whatever.,..... the more we talk about it the more sense creeps in and the more time allowed for a serious and logical outcome.

I agree 100% that maybe it's a small crowd of okes... but guaranteed that if the locals are approached - they also are gatvol with the minority "crimanal" element .... and guaranteed if they see that they are being "roskam'd" with the same brush meant for these perps - they will sort them out themselves also!

Goodwill from the WD's side will most probably get a lot of those people on our side and will prevent future incidents.... so maybe some positive suggestions would bear more fruit!

Maybe armed wif a bag of sweets to be shared.....?  8)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 10:47:46 am by Goose »
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2008, 10:58:07 am »
You are assuming a hell of a lot.

Just because they are squatters does not mean they are criminals.
How do you know they came from the informal settlement?

Does not sound like a community angry with bikers or 4x4's , more like some criminals robbing easy victims.

I though that was what was said?

H

Offline Stev0

• Bikeloos...
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • dot dot dot
    • Adventure Magazine
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2008, 11:05:37 am »
SWEEETTTTIES!!!!

Its usually not their community... they are humans just like us.. friendly people. I keep telling myself that..

the problem comes in when there is no money and the need arises for alcohol food and drugs.

put yourself in their shoes. Its a survival instinct. If you dont have money for food and you dont have work because this economy is so messed up what are you going to do ?
Same with alcohol and drugs..

so its hard to include a whole little settlement just because there are 2 or 4 bad apples. That little groupie might be causing more trouble for that village then we are willing to understand.

I dont see how sitting around the big round table will solve it.. if king shaka cant control all his villagers now, how will he be able to do it after the chat.

So yes were sitting with a bit of a problem, cos that is where everybody likes to play. 

Offline JohanGPS

• Pack Dog
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2008, 03:02:09 pm »
Maybe a good idea would be to identify the attackers and advise the people living in the area, so the "boendoe court" can go its natural way...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 05:05:22 pm by JohanGPS »
This country suffers from cANCcer. If we don't have it cut out it will be terminal.

Offline Goose

• Shop Mods
  • Grey hound
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2008, 04:48:55 pm »
Maybe a good idea would be to identify the attackers and andvise the people living in the area, so the "boendoe court" can go its natural way...

Yep - that's more or less what I wanted to aim towards... the locals are also getting the moer in... so jungle-justice!
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline Lito

• BANNED TROLL
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • BANNED TROLL
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2008, 02:06:40 pm »
THis is so funny in an odd way. Shark, at the risk of breaking a peace treaty (which I am mightily enjoying I might add), you raise a point which is ordinarily normal logic (to me at least). However, unless you have ridden in the area, and know it well, (which I am logically surmising) then you dont really know much and its best to ask questions instead of stirring kak. Your chirps are juvenile in their intentions, and I hope you can see that in retrospect. If not, then perhaps Hein/Jan can moderate this thread from here on forth. Thanks.

For those who know and ride the area (I live within 1400 metres of where all the trails start), its important to someone like me that we try to bring some understanding before bush justice. I came back from a weekend where we left our stuff outisde without panic and without worry and it was great. In fact, the kids I gave rides to there in the Cedarberg came running back with High5's and the adults were waving. It makes me sad to revisit this squatter camp reality - and I am leading another ride there on Saturday. Eish.

For those in favour of a community project, say I please.  Pithy comments on such a thread are best left elsewhere. I am happy to go talk to the squatter camp leaders (its going to be tough as there are actually 3 main camps btw), but it can be done.

Offline Stev0

• Bikeloos...
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • dot dot dot
    • Adventure Magazine
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2008, 02:11:36 pm »
ill come with...

if you can source my weapon of choice ..

shark_za

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2008, 05:18:40 pm »
My questiois, what makes you think the squatter camp leaders can do anything about criminals?
You are implying they are involved and to blame for then is th robbery.

They are victims just like the 4x4 guys.

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2008, 05:37:51 pm »
ahh hell no .....

Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline Lito

• BANNED TROLL
  • Race Dog
  • BANNED TROLL
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2008, 05:50:57 pm »
My questiois, what makes you think the squatter camp leaders can do anything about criminals?
You are implying they are involved and to blame for then is th robbery.

They are victims just like the 4x4 guys.

Nope, you are wrong. Unless its a trolling question, re read the efforts posted, and then ask again.

The squatter camp leaders chat/outreach thing is a good will attempt. There are no guarantees in life, like this thread shows all too clearly.

shark_za

« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2008, 05:58:31 pm »
But the point was to do something about the crime.
This has nothing to do with the crime, a lot to do with community acceptance of offroad users.
Big difference.

Its like getting mugged in JHB and going to the mayor and saying whats up.
You will get nothing achieved.

Offline Lito

• BANNED TROLL
  • Race Dog
  • BANNED TROLL
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2008, 07:04:38 pm »
Ok Shark, thanks.

Local guys, I am waiting for your say. JohanGPS, what are your mates thinking?

Goose are you still in.

Let me know.

Offline JohanGPS

• Pack Dog
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2008, 07:36:54 pm »
Lito, they are very scared to go there again, however I told them if we take a ride and see if we can see the culprits then we can ask the leaders at the camps to sort these okes out a bit. They agreed. Just now it is very slippery in there with the dust tuned to mud. The Crooza digs mud but then again it would not be wise to go one vehicle alone.
This country suffers from cANCcer. If we don't have it cut out it will be terminal.

Offline Lito

• BANNED TROLL
  • Race Dog
  • BANNED TROLL
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2008, 08:04:39 pm »
Lito, they are very scared to go there again, however I told them if we take a ride and see if we can see the culprits then we can ask the leaders at the camps to sort these okes out a bit. They agreed. Just now it is very slippery in there with the dust tuned to mud. The Crooza digs mud but then again it would not be wise to go one vehicle alone.

I am a bit surprised that they arent more angry than scared, but ok. I can understand that, and it sucks. Well, the response is a bit thin on the ground, so I will wait for further ideas. My KTM likes mud!  ;D

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2008, 08:42:17 pm »

I am a bit surprised that they arent more angry than scared, but ok. I can understand that, and it sucks. Well, the response is a bit thin on the ground, so I will wait for further ideas. My KTM likes mud!  ;D

Perhaps the guys understand that what you are proposing is rather silly. The fact that the cops do nothing does not give you any more rights in a court of law, if you are shown to "have used excessive force" they understand they will be the ones in Jail with the sore butt!!!

You could be the DS equivalent of the Bloemfontein Students "initiation" who still did not quite understand what they did wrong??

Welsh  ::) ::)

An aspiring Coddiwompler
I want to grow my own food, looking for Bacon seeds

Offline Lito

• BANNED TROLL
  • Race Dog
  • BANNED TROLL
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2008, 09:01:00 pm »

You could be the DS equivalent of the Bloemfontein Students "initiation" who still did not quite understand what they did wrong??

Welsh  ::) ::)

Yes Welsh, I am definately the dual sport equivalent of making them drink piss, have races, do strafdoppe and the equivalent. I see that the smoke has seemingly ruined your usually sharp mind.   ::) ::) indeed...

Offline Goose

• Shop Mods
  • Grey hound
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2008, 09:36:17 pm »
Ok Shark, thanks.

Local guys, I am waiting for your say. JohanGPS, what are your mates thinking?

Goose are you still in.

Let me know.

Yep I'm in... got nothing to lose matey. I do know a Capt. Keller at Cape Town SAPS.... let me see whether we could get some friendly backup... just to show we're serious. These days the blokes in the camps are hardcore....  days patrolling the townships in the Buffels were different.,,,,  ;D

Offline Lito

• BANNED TROLL
  • Race Dog
  • BANNED TROLL
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2008, 11:16:04 pm »
Goose, good stuff buddy. Ready and waiting ...thumbs up.

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2008, 10:00:13 am »
Think you must decide if the aim is to ride to the camp in your undies (to show you have no weapons as mentioned before) with police back-up and 'demand' save riding in their area, or to extend a friendly hand, ask for permission and save passage in exchange for maybe some goodwill from your sides (donations of sport gear/clothes/etc)?

Can have both imho?

H

Offline Ama ride ride

• Gravel unlimited
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Zero (all models)
  • Ride to ride again
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2008, 10:12:34 am »
I am all for beating the sh_t out any criminal caught red handed but this time I agree with shark.

The squatters do NOT own the area like the "tribal" land around the Rock in LImpopo.
Goodwill visits etc will help fark all other than to make you feel good about yourself.
The criminals could be one of the bigger okes you give goodwill spins on your bikes while thinking. "Silly bugger this arsehole" and making plans to rob you next time.
The squatter community will only do something if it is in their benefit to help smoke out the criminals. Mostly its not
Gewoontlik n@@i ek reguit aan op fyndraai.